Need Information on The Prytania Park Hotel on Prytania Street

SLL

If anyone has ever stayed at this hotel, please let us know. We are scheduled to stay there in Jan. :confused: They have a pre-cruise rate with free car parking in their lot while we're on our cruise. The rate is $69 plus 1 night parking for $13. This is the cheapest and best rate that we've found so far. And, the room is a one bedroom suite with a loft and balcony. What really concerns me is the parking. Is it better to drive to the pier and pay them $12 a day, or book this hotel and let them take care of our car? Has anyone ever stayed at Prytania Park Hotel and left their car there while they cruised several days?

Thank you. :( Sincerely scared cruisers.

Frankly your priority for your car would be better asked directly from the hotel for their recommendations perhaps?? As I have posted several times to this, the hotel location should be more of a priority- this is a poor location in my opinion and the price shows this. Bargain shopping in New Orleans is not a good idea as location is extremely important. All your "savings" will be eaten up by cab fares. Walking during the daytime- is "OK", I have done it many times, but I don't look like a tourist and know the area and destination. In January- it will be dark early. If your priority is the parking fees then this location certainly is the winner.

Frankly your priority for your car would be better asked directly from the hotel for their recommendations perhaps?? As I have posted several times to this, the hotel location should be more of a priority- this is a poor location in my opinion and the price shows this. Bargain shopping in New Orleans is not a good idea as location is extremely important. All your "savings" will be eaten up by cab fares. Walking during the daytime- is "OK", I have done it many times, but I don't look like a tourist and know the area and destination. In January- it will be dark early. If your priority is the parking fees then this location certainly is the winner.

Interesting that you say this. Our TA has booked our group to stay at this very hotel pre-cruise also in Jan. I trust our TA. I guess we'll see if we are wrong to trust her so in a few days.

Happy sailing,

T.

If anyone has ever stayed at this hotel, please let us know. We are scheduled to stay there in Jan. :confused: They have a pre-cruise rate with free car parking in their lot while we're on our cruise. The rate is $69 plus 1 night parking for $13. This is the cheapest and best rate that we've found so far. And, the room is a one bedroom suite with a loft and balcony. What really concerns me is the parking. Is it better to drive to the pier and pay them $12 a day, or book this hotel and let them take care of our car? Has anyone ever stayed at Prytania Park Hotel and left their car there while they cruised several days?

Thank you. :( Sincerely scared cruisers.

How were you able to get this $69 rate, if you don't mind my asking?

We also have reservations at this same hotel pre-cruise also in Jan. Our TA arranged it for our group, so it should not be all that bad, if at all. My bf isn't worried about his brand new Dodge truck being left in their parking lot. From what I was told by hotel personnel when I called a month or so ago, the lot is patrolled by security. Anyway, if anything were to happen, we do have travel insurance not to mention his own vehicle insurance. No need for worries either way.

Don't be scared!! Keep an open mind & be adventurous! Hope you enjoy your stay in New Orleans as well as your cruise! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

Months ago I ordered a Traveler Discount Guide for Louisiana hotels. This hotel had a coupon listed in it for $49, but when I called they said it was walk in only. We wanted to forsure get a hotel booked before we got there so I asked if they had any other specials or precruise specials. Montana, who answered the phone there at the desk, told me that they could give me a room rate of $69 pay for one night parking $13 and we can leave car there while we're on our cruise. They have also told me that their lot is secure. I have a cousin who just came back from a cruise and used this hotel. They didn't have any problems. They flew in, so didn't leave their car there. They didn't get there until 9:30 pm; therefore, it was dark. They walked to a restaurant, used the street car and liked it. But, I have read in reviews where you need to be careful at night walking in any part of New Orleans. But, I think that can apply anywhere! I think the hotel will be fine.

We just don't get out much, and I read those terrible reviews from people who may or may not know what their talking about. It's best to get reviews from people who have actually stayed there. This hotel has suites too, but they are alittle more expensive. Are you in a room or suite? I may try to call my cousin and ask her personally about it. When are you leaving?

I just read on another post when your cruise is. It is the same day we are leaving on the Sensation. When I made the original requests about wanting information on the hotel, I was new to the forum and didn't relize that both of the requests for the same basic information would go on the same thread:eek:.

I really appreciate your replies T. Don't let ??? bother you, some people aren't worth it.

Back to the discussion, we are staying at the hotel on Jan. 5. Did I see that your from Southwest Missouri? Are you driving?

Yes, we are driving in from MO. We plan on hitting the road early Fri morning about 3ish. Everyone in our group is driving; however, some are carpooling. We are taking our own vehicle. I am looking forward to the road trip. Love road trips!! Just hope the weather isn't bad.

Are you going to be at the hotel the same time we are? Would be interesting to see what each other thinks of it.

Where are you traveling from & how are you getting to New Orleans? Who are you traveling with? Have any plans for New Orleans while you are there? Is this your first cruise? LOL...gimme the 411, if you want!! :p

I am not letting anyone get to me, but thanks for looking out for me. Ya know what they say, opinions are like... :eek: LOL...everyone has one.

Happy sailing,

T.

Archived