Borrow RCCL Pak n Play to beach?

sas80

Talk to me here.....

We do have a UV tent that we are thinking of bringing with us when we go to paradise beach in Cozumel in the fall. Now I'm re evaluating and wondering if I shouldnt borrow RCCL's pak n Play to bring with us instead.

I know, I know, it's heavy, a bit cumbersome but I'm thinking that babygirl will be happier in a play pen environment than in a zipped up tent....

Please try to not lecture me on the "badness" of bringing the ships Pak n Play (the sand, the wear and tear, the so-close-to-thieving nature of it) If I did it I would make sure to clean every nook and cranny and return it in the same condition. I would even borrow cleaner from the room steward.

Has anyone ever used a UV tent on a beach with their 6-12 month old before? Can you share your experiences? Would a Pak n Play have been a better choice?

If you think I'm crazy, feel free to tell em I'm crazy and tell me why. If you think it might be a good idea, I'm open to hearing that too.

Thanks

I'm not sure that would even be allowed....

Is she very mobile???? The tent should be fine for a short time...but I wouldn't want to be in a tent all day long...

Maybe the beach isn't your best plan at this time!

If she's not walking, a blow up pool with a towel on the botton (to keep it from getting too hot) is probably a better choice. If she is walking, then I think the only choice is to watch and follow her while you're there. Or bring your own pack n' play.

Best,

Mia

If she's not walking' date=' a blow up pool with a towel on the botton (to keep it from getting too hot) is probably a better choice. If she is walking, then I think the only choice is to watch and follow her while you're there. Or bring your own pack n' play.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Oooooh!!! DAMN good avice!

We are going to have a bathtub sized blow up pool with us. Perfect! I will give it a test run before we leave to see if that is worth it.

She wont be walking by that time but she might be crawling. We will bring the tent anyways as we will use it for her and I am sure that the older kids can use it.

See! that's why I love posting my "seems insane" thoughts on this board! You people can really straighten someone out!

Archived