Any time left after Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour?

Joeybun

I am hoping that someone who already has taken this tour can answer my question...

We are planning on the rays, reef and rum point excursion with Nativeway. I am wondering if there will be time left over after the tour to stop at 7 Mile beach? To relax a bit? Or even shopping near the pier?

Thanks!

Some of our family members shopped quickly at the pier while keeping a very close eye on their tender line.

My husband hates when I do that! I just have a hard time standing in line waiting when I could be shopping. DH thinks the boat will leave without us. It never has...:D

And this almost killed my husband. He wanted to go to Margaritaville and could just see a part of the sign from his spot in the tender line! So near and yet so far! :D Even so, this excursion with NativeWay continues to be our all-time favorite!

Just as the others have said, there was no time after our Rays, Reef, & Rumpoint to relax or shop. The line was VERY long to get back on the tenders so I can see people watching the line while they try to shop a bit. STILL, I wouldn't have traded that tour for anything, it was the best we did our whole cruise. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

Did this tour last week. I agree that there's not a lot of time after you get back but the tour is awesome. I did have time to run across the street and buy some rum and rum cakes. I beat the liquor sales deadline by 15 minutes! :D

almost forgot. . . .

There is a gift shop on rum point beach. After we got done eating, we just walked around for awhile. We discovered the shop very LAST minute, so we didn't really get a chance to shop around. I wish I would have known it was there.

Can someone tell me where this is located? Last time we were there, we really only had enough time to hit the restaurant and the beach.

When we did it in February, we should have had an hour after the tour before the final tenders to our ship.

Unfortunately, that day, Nativeway was experienceing major brain farts and could not decide, which passengers were supposed to be on which of their 3 boats, all day long.

We kept wasting time, meeting the other 2 boats and swapping passnegers, to make sure the right people of reach tour were on the correct boat. (3 different times)

How difficult is it check names off a list and to load 3 different tours onto 3 different boats?

Our time at Rum Point wound up getting cut down to less than an hour.

Then by the time the bus arrived back at the pier, the 7 of us from our ship had less than 10 minutes before the last tender. So we had to bail on the street and run for the tender pier.

I would say plan on ZERO time to do any shopping.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have just a couple of questions about the Rays, Reef and Rum tour. Any info anyone can provide would greatly be appreciated.

1. Rum Point is the last part of this tour, right? If so, how long is the ride from Rum Point to the tender pier?

2. If the tours are from 9:30-2:30 and our ship is therre from 7:00-4:00, would there be any good chance of hitting Margaritaville or do some shopping BEFORE the tour?

Thanks.

Julie :)

Ok, I have just a couple of questions about the Rays, Reef and Rum tour. Any info anyone can provide would greatly be appreciated.

1. Rum Point is the last part of this tour, right? If so, how long is the ride from Rum Point to the tender pier?

2. If the tours are from 9:30-2:30 and our ship is therre from 7:00-4:00, would there be any good chance of hitting Margaritaville or do some shopping BEFORE the tour?

Thanks.

Ride back? About a half hour? Maybe longer; I don't really recall. We didn't wait more than a half hour prior to leaving for the excursion, so no time for Margaritaville and little time to shop. The closest souvenir shop was diagonally right across the street from where we met up prior to embarking on the tour. Sharon was there and let us know how much time we had, so there WAS time to dash over and grab a cold drink and a t-shirt or two, but no time for leisurely shopping. As others have said, there IS a souvenir shop at Rum Point - small but carries the basics. Oh! And if you plan on hitting the bar - carry small bills. (Actually, given the price of the drinks, they don't have to be so small!) You will receive change in local currency, so unless you want foreign coins and bills as souvenirs, I'd have smaller bills on hand!

Just to tell you a quick personal story - I DID want to pick up a small souvenir or two before returning to the ship and knew I'd have to go fast. The kids wanted to return to the ship, so I sent them on with our beach bag while I kept my little water safe. Didn't remember till I was going to pay for something that my S&S card was IN the beach bag....on the ship!:eek: I had to get back on that ship without my card. Not easy! Not easy at all passing through all the checkpoints with NOTHING to prove that I was a passenger on that ship! And my kids were already ON there! I know now what being in an absolute panic feels like! Honest to God I thought I was going to faint....several times! Staple that card to your body if you have to! Just DON'T be without it when it comes time to re-board your ship!:o

Thanks.

1. Rum point is at least 25-30 minute boat ride back to the bus, then another 20-30 minute bus ride back to the pier.....(amazing how traffic back to the pier backs up when multiple ships are finishing tendering. LOL..)

2. If you get off on the first tender of two, you should have a good hour to hit some shops right near the pier before your excursion begins.

There is a few shops open right in the pier area and a couple across the street that early that were open.

Stuff like Margaritaville was NOT open prior to the excursion. (I tried)

Bill

DukeFamily and Bill,

Thanks for all the great info, really appreciate it.

Seems we might have to do the mad dash shopping either before or after the tour. Sure dont want to miss the last tender. I know we are wanting to go to Margaritaville, but I guess that will be something to save for Coz. :)

Are the Rum shops close to the pier so that someone could stand in line for the tender while another "runs" to get some rum after the tours? Cannot leave GC without it, almost like a manditory thing to do. ;)

OMG DukeFamily, :eek: That must have been a terrible experience. I am sure I would have fealt the same way you did. How did you manage to get them to let you back on? Did your kids bring you S&S card to you? Luckly, it all worked out for the best, thank goodness. :)

Thanks again for all the great advise. Helps alot for a newbie cruizer.

Are the Rum shops close to the pier so that someone could stand in line for the tender while another "runs" to get some rum after the tours? Cannot leave GC without it, almost like a manditory thing to do. ;)

I know I saw a Big Black Dick rum store across the street by Margaritaville, when I was killing an hour before our excursion.

I can't give you an idea about waiting in line for tenders, as we got back so late, they were loading the last two tenders and there was no line left to wait in.

Just ran straight for the tender and on.

Bill

When I was there a few years ago, the tender line was a huge PITA. It wrapped around and around in the beating sun (ya think they could throw up some of those inexpensive tents or something?) and even though we were standing IN line, I was nervous about the cut off time. We were on one of the last few tenders. I'm ASSUMING they'll run tenders as long as people are in line, given that the lines are so darn long?

Archived