Disembark in Bayonne- Air Flight Time Out

D & S

In Oct. we will be cruising from Cape Liberty in bayonne New Jesery on RCCL Explorer.

I need to make an 11am flight out from EWR and don't know if that is too early. I have read that the approx. time off the ship is around 8:30 am. I understand that there could always be delays, but if on time what are my chances of making this flight? We will use the Express walk-off carrying our own luggage to save time.

We've sailed into Bayonne three times ... twice we would have made the flight, the last time, we wouldn't ... and I'm not even sure what took so long to get us off of the ship.

It reminded me of the days when they wouldn't let anyone off the ship until everyone had settled their bill.

So, on my sample of three, you have about a 67% chance of making it to the airport on time.

IMO that is a little early..............but you may make it.

Be advised that there are shuttle buses from the terminal to the ship and back, so you will be carrying your stuff onto a bus...which are generally bug, flexible buses....but they pack them in!

We were on the Explorer last summer and it took forever to get off. We were in the 2nd group after Express Walk Off, and we didn't get off the ship 'til about 9:00. That's probably the latest we've ever gotten off a ship. If you do Express Walk Off, you will probably make it--if there's a cab waiting for you. You could be cutting it close, but hopefully you'll be OK. Good luck.

Is the Onboard Airline Check-in and Luggage Valet Program available on Explore of the Seas?

I checked and the valet service isn't available on the Explorer out of Bayonne. RCCL said it is currently available at only 7 ports.

I know the luggage will be a big hassel, but we want to carry our own luggage as to make it faster.

Thank everyone for their help. All the info is very helpful. I will try not to think about disembarking the entire cruise so we can have a good time! I think I'm going for it, the 11am flight out of EWR!

Custom officials in Bayonne seem to take forever to clear the ship.

We got stuck both times, I had planned to go straight to the office in NY, got in around lunch time.

Opt for Express walk off with luggage.

Good luck

We were just on the Explorer. Ship tied up at 8:00am, and walk-offs with baggage weren't called until a little after 9:00. We were in first group called without walk-off bags (white tags) - were called around 9:15, took about 20 minutes for short shuttle bus ride (buses were lined up and they only let one unload at a time - the bus in front of us had the last load of walk-offs with luggage). Customs was quick, but all in all it was after 10:00 when we got to our car in the parking lot. EWR is a very fast jump down the turnpike from the cruise terminal (assuming no traffic problems), but I really wouldn't shoot for an 11:00am flight with confidence that I would comfortably make it.

Archived