Itinery Change Grand Princess 2010

happyholsssj

Hi,

Have booked Grand Princess 24/12/2010 5 days ago.

Have just been informed that the scheduled stop at Grand Turk has been cancelled and replaced with a day at sea.

Am extremely disserpointed.

Does this happen often??

Do I have any right at this stage of booking?

I do not wish to cancel my booking.

No explanation offered by Princess.

Am I entitled to any compensation??

Thanks,

San

We were scheduled to go to Grand Turk this year on the grand and it was also cancelled. It was however, cancelled due to bad weather and we received a credit for this port. I think it was $8.00 or something silly. If a port is cancelled prior to sailing I don't believe a credit is issued though because you can still cancel or schedule a different itinery. Check with your travel agent though because the pricing is based on the number of ports that you visit.

Hi,

Have booked Grand Princess 24/12/2010 5 days ago.

Have just been informed that the scheduled stop at Grand Turk has been cancelled and replaced with a day at sea.

If you are referring to a cruise embarking on 24 December 2010...it doesn't appear to exist. There is a Grand cruise embarking on 20 December 2010.

Also, the Grand Turk port of call was replaced by a stop at Princess Cays, not a sea day. Although I understand your disappointment with not going to Grand Turk, a day at Princess Cays can be a very fun time.

You're still going to have a fantastic time on a great ship...

Lew

unless you have your heart set on swimming up to the poolside bar at Jimmy Buffet's place. This is a tiny island with some new shops, JB's, and not much else. Stops are usually short, probably because of this. There's not much to see in the small town either. There is a nice public beach close to the dock (need to take a cab) but snorkeling off the beach is poor (no reefs or bottom structure to hold fish). Chill out and go with the itinerary.

Unfortunately these things happen, and there is a greater chance of itinerary changes when you book a long time prior to the cruise. You probably will never find out the reason for the change, it could be due to port overcrowding, a dispute over docking fees, or an effort to reduce fuel consumption (most likely). You will not be compensated for this change so far in advance of the cruise.

Do I have any right at this stage of booking? You have the right to cancel!

I do not wish to cancel my booking. Which makes the above answer not applicable.

No explanation offered by Princess. They don't give an explanation if they cancel or change ports.

Am I entitled to any compensation?? Absolutely not. Read your cruise contract, it is all explained there. ;)

When booking a cruise, it is always best realize that ports are sometimes cancelled or substituted (for varies reasons), and sometimes not until the last minute. At least this time, you were forwarned. ;) Enjoy!

I wish they would cancel Grand Turk on this years Grand Christmas cruise itineary and give us another day at sea:), but whatever happens,at least we will be on a cruise;):D

This makes me feel better as people say there is not much to miss !:D

If you don't like the change cancel the booking for a full refund at this point. Changes happen.......compensation, you are joking, right?

The OP is from the UK. If we cancel we lose our deposit.

Archived