First Time with Kids (RCCL Liberty)

beckaroo

This will be our first time traveling with our kids. Boy, I feel like I need to do a little better planning when the kids go. HA

Jamaica-

I am for sure wanting to do a excursion from the cruise line. Could anyone offer the best one for kids age 13 and 9. I heard of Dunns Falls but when I look at rccl website, there is alot of options on this one. I really want to make sure the kids have a GREAT time.

Cozmel-

Thinking of Passion Island

Grand Cayman-

Not for sure at all.

Any other suggestions you have for anything is so much appreciated. This website has always been such an addiction for a very happy cruiser.

I can't imagine them NOT having a great time, no matter which (if any) excursions you pick!

In GC, if you want a beach day, there's no reason to buy an excursion for that. Buses run to the beach all day long, and all facilities are at all access points...

Of course, there's always Stingray City....lots of folks love that.

not sure - but we are doing the beach (chankanaab) and dolphin experience with the kids at Cosumel. Dunn River Falls and river tubing in Ocho Rios (not they thru the ship but not sure which tour yet - Peat Taylor, Phil Lafayette or Marva) and not sure what we are doing in Cayman. Our kids are 3 and 6....

I don't want to talk you out of using a ship excursion if you are certain that's what you'd like to do. But, I would highly recommend Peat Taylor for Dunn's Falls and tubing. We've been on many cruises and every time we talk to people who have gone through the ship are not happy with the tour. They almost sound like they've been to a different place. Peat gets you to the falls well before the ship tours and it makes all the difference. You can take your time climbing, stop for photos, slide on the rock slide, etc. If you go with a ship tour, it is soooooo crowded. You have to go very slowly and stand and wait much of the time and be hurried along other times. I have never heard of Peat missing the ship which is usually everyone's concerns. My children definately had a great time, but they've met kids who hated climbing the falls because of the crowds! JMHO

Archived