News on Diamond "update" to interior?

pirate007

I am taking my first cruise in almost 15 years and was convincd to take a Rad. Crusie / Diamond later in Jan. I have beeb reading that the ship is /was in need of an update as once a star now "dated" wit th mechanical issues, A/C etc due to age. Today I read it has been sold- so why will Rad. spend a nickel? Have they updated this vessel or not? :confused:

I was on the Diamond in August and everything looked ship-shape to me. This ship, of course, is older than the larger ships, so you expect a little more wear on the furnishings. When I was on her in January of 2004, the Staff Captain told me that they were getting ready to do some recarpeting, but not sure where. Although the Diamond is not my favorite of all the ships (because of the size of the balcony cabins), I do not hesitate to cruise on her, and have done so 3 times because the itinerary and pricing were right for me.

Archived