Kid friendly excursions in Bermuda

CoolTripletMom

The excursions offered for the cruise we are taking next May from NJ - Bermuda aren't confirmed yet, but wanted to hear any experiences you all had. I have 3 year old triplets.....so we are price sensitive. I would love to do something like a dolphin swim with them but just can't afford it. We're in Bermuda 2 days....one day we'll just do the beach and the island. But I was hoping to do something fun and unique with them the 2nd day.

So what kid friendly excursions in Bermuda did you and children under 5 like and why?

DD will be exactly 2 when we sail. We don't plan on doing any of the ship's excursions. There is a wonderful aquarium in Bermuda that we planned on checking out. Getting there includes a ferry & bus ride, and I think DD will get a kick out of the ferry. I think Bermuda is so easy to get around, I can't justify spending the $$ on the ship's excursions. We are thinking aquarium one day, beach the second, and then check out the Dockyard on the 3rd, shorter day.

Your kids are too young to truly appreciate the dolphin encounter, anyway...wait until they're older for that!

Don't forget that you've already PAID for the use of the ship---that's a great option, using the pool while everyone else if off on the island! Assuming they're potty-trained, that is!

We were in Bermuda when my daughter was 4. She was too young to swim with the dolphins - I think you had to be 6 or so, but near the dolphin experience, in the Fort, as a 'snorkle cove' that was lovely. It was walking distance from the ship, had 'amenities' (bathroom, snack bar), and you could rent chairs, umbrellas, noodles and snorkle gear. Both my husband and daughter had a blast swimming and snorkling - we may have brought a mask from home for her, don't remember - while I sat in my chair and relaxed.

We took the glass bottom boad tour the ship offered (Norwegian), which was nice, and then just wandered around the different ports. We did take a carriage ride, as my daughter really wanted to, and it was fun, relaxing and informative.

I think you can have fun, without the expense of the organized excursions. Bermuda is an easy trip to do, though of course, I only did it with one!

The excursions offered for the cruise we are taking next May from NJ - Bermuda aren't confirmed yet, but wanted to hear any experiences you all had. I have 3 year old triplets.....so we are price sensitive. I would love to do something like a dolphin swim with them but just can't afford it. We're in Bermuda 2 days....one day we'll just do the beach and the island. But I was hoping to do something fun and unique with them the 2nd day.

So what kid friendly excursions in Bermuda did you and children under 5 like and why?

If you want a nice, relaxing, safe and clean beach day take the water taxi from the pier to the 9 Beaches Resort. The resort has everything..........not crowded and the beach is perfect for the little ones with water crystal clear and shallow with a sandy beach. We spent several hours there with our 2 & 4yo's . there is a Tiki bar with drinks and food, a snorkle/dive shop, rest room, plenty of chairs/lounges and shade.

This was an excursion offered by our cruise but very well worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$. Others in our family group went to Horseshoe Beach and they said it was crowded with a lot of sea weed.

Archived