Ensenada Questions

rge

Another vote for the winery tour - we were not looking forward to Ensenada because of all the bad things we heard on these boards, we signed up for the winery tour because I knew I would be ready to get off the ship for awhile. The tour was wonderful, we had an excellent guide and we enjoyed the wines we tried. At one stop our guide even bought our group pizza, it was just a very pleasant time and we'd sign up for it again.

We have booked this for next April.............I appreciate the OP asking this question and starting the thread........

Just a personal choice but I think we will stay on the ship...but I will keep reading.

We have booked this for next April.............I appreciate the OP asking this question and starting the thread........

Just a personal choice but I think we will stay on the ship...but I will keep reading.

One of our most favorite things to do is to stay onboard while the "pack" gets off.

You have this beautiful floating hotel mostly to yourself. The few hundred that stay onboard, instead of the thousands leave lots of room for no lines, no waiting for elevators and lots of choices to do whatever you want! Love it! ;)

For $39.00 per person, we don't have to hassle with the Taxi's or wonder how safe it will be. While I respect your opinion on the safety, everything we read in the States points to the opposite.

Hopefully there will be some good, reasonably price wines. Since we live in The San francisco Bay Area, we could buy a case and just drive it home after we get off the ship.

Bringing a wine roll on bag that holds 10-12 bottles. It will be empty on the way back!

The debate on wether the corkage fee is worth it should also include the fact that they charge you a 15% service charge on any wine you buy on the ship. So if you buy a $40.00 bottle of wine, you are actually paying $46.00. Possibly that wine could be had for $18.00 at a discounter. So you pay $18 = $15 or $33.00 instead of $46.00/ x 15 nights equalls a savings of $195.00 . By the way, they charge the same corkage for magnums. Sometimes you can get a deal on Magnums, sometimes they cost more so check it out.

Archived