? about Tampa restaurants

TahoeBob

I have a cruise leaving tampa in November, I have a room at the Grand Hyatt (on Priceline) for saturday night but we do not get in until 9:30 P.M. we are flying from Reno Nv. so it will be a long day and do not want to sit down for anything fancy.

I was looking at the webpage for the Hyatt and the restaurants there look very pricy. Am I correct in this thinking?

Is there anything close by that is in walking distance. looking for a place to get a cheap meal, for both dinner and breakfast.

I have a cruise leaving tampa in November, I have a room at the Grand Hyatt (on Priceline) for saturday night but we do not get in until 9:30 P.M. we are flying from Reno Nv. so it will be a long day and do not want to sit down for anything fancy.

I was looking at the webpage for the Hyatt and the restaurants there look very pricy. Am I correct in this thinking?

Is there anything close by that is in walking distance. looking for a place to get a cheap meal, for both dinner and breakfast.

Not totally sure about walking distance. I have seen the hotel and it is close to the airport, there are plenty of places around but not sure about walking plus it will be a little late. If you don't get an answer here I would simply call the hotel direct and ask them, they will know for sure.

If you are staying at the Hyatt Airport location it is across from a Bahama Breeze restaurant. You could take a taxi - it is not that far. The issue would be that it is across a major highway. I would not walk. Also close is a Crabby Bills in the hotel next door. If you are staying downtown in the Hyatt - there are other restaurants as you are downtown. Either are good areas so no worries. Enjoy!!

If you are staying at the Hyatt Airport location it is across from a Bahama Breeze restaurant. You could take a taxi - it is not that far. The issue would be that it is across a major highway. I would not walk. Also close is a Crabby Bills in the hotel next door. If you are staying downtown in the Hyatt - there are other restaurants as you are downtown. Either are good areas so no worries. Enjoy!!

There's also a Tex Mex Cantina off Courtney Campbell Causeway before you get to Bahama Breezes. Unfortunately as FLTravelGirl notes, CCC is a very busy throughfare and you can't just "cross the street". The Grand Hyatt is actually down a bit from CCC anyway and it's on the other side of interchange for CCC and the Veterans Freeway (589) from the airport and International Plaza, where other restaurants are. That late at night it might just be better to grab a bite at the airport's main terminal building (any thing around your gate area will be closed by 9 PM) like cusyl suggests. Pick up your bags and then head back up the escalator. There's a Carrabba's that's open until 10 PM and a TGIFriday's that's open until 11PM. Fro breakfast, you might just be stuck with the Hyatt unless you're taking a cab to the cruise terminal and want to stop off somewhere, but that's 2 stops. There is a coffee shop in Channelside Plaza where you can get coffee, tea or pastries.

Ok, I just drove by that hotel and I could not see anything right near it to eat (within reasonable walking at that time of night). As others have noted there are plenty of places a cab ride away that are not too far. Bahama Breeze is very good as mentioned.

Archived