first time cruiser!

peiaigol524

Going on Liberty for the first time, and also first time cruising! we got an oceanview cabin, I was thinking should we change it to balcony? I heard so much good stuff about a balcony!

Is there anyway for upgrades? does anybody know?

The only real way to get a upgrade is to pay the difference. Very close in before your cruise, if there are cabins not selling well, sometimes the upsell dept will call with a upsell offer, but lately these offers havent been that good, prices are higher than what you could have paid early on.

Balconies are definitely nice but you won't be disappointed with the ocean view either. The porthole is very large and you do get a lot of light from it, the only room we shy away from now is inside because without that daylight we would be like bats and sleep in too much! ;)

keep in mind.. You don't spend a lot of time in your room .. The only time you spend in there is to sleep and change. especially as a first time cruiser you want to be out and about seeing and doing everything! :D

Enjoy!!!

I opted for a balcony with my first cruise, also on the Liberty, and was not disappointed. For those who say all you do in your room is sleep and change, that isn't always the case, and sometimes the private balcony can be a restful place to recharge if you aren't super-gregarious all the time.

I've had an ocean view, and to each his own, but I prefer a balcony...something about being able to see, smell and feel the ocean on which you are cruising just does it for me. iconcool5lw-1.gif

Balconies are definitely nice but you won't be disappointed with the ocean view either. The porthole is very large and you do get a lot of light from it, the only room we shy away from now is inside because without that daylight we would be like bats and sleep in too much! ;)

keep in mind.. You don't spend a lot of time in your room .. The only time you spend in there is to sleep and change. especially as a first time cruiser you want to be out and about seeing and doing everything! :D

Enjoy!!!

I agree with Kathy. I like having a balcony so I can set outside and read while getting some sun and enjoying the ocean, but most cruisers or more active and spend Little time in there rooms. I guess it would depend on you, are you going to spend a lot of time on the balcony reading or whatever, if not than stick with the inside view. Enjoy and see you at sea.;)

Opps. well to me there isnt a lot of reason .... usually to pay for a OV, when I can pay for a inside with portholes (i just did it but wierd circumstances). I would either go cheap with a insides, hopefully with port holes or a balcony.

Archived