Fort Lauderdale hotel before cruise

OPSnorkeler

What hotels would you recommend for a one night stay before the February 28th cruise? We would like to find a reasonably priced and clean hotel that has complimentary shuttles from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port. Also complimentary breakfast if possible.

We are staying at the La Quinta (Hollywood, FL). They offer free transportation from the airport and to the pier and have a continental breakfast. With my AAA discount we got a room for $85. I have not stayed here before but have heard many good reviews. There is also a comfort inn in Hollywood that offers the same as above. I have stayed there before and it was a nice place to stay for one night. The good thing about both the comfort inn and the la quinta is that they are in walking distance of restaurants and stores. Best of luck and enjoy your cruise! :)

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn, Dania Beach. It meets your requirements, and in addition has a Walgreen's across the parking lot and a shopping center with some decent restaurants and a Publix supermarket that sells wine across the street. It is close to the airport and cruiseport even though the address says Dania Beach.

At first I was thinking that we had found a place with the Comfort Inn Cruiseport South in HollyWood... But, upon further research on another major travel website, it does not get good reviews. Apparantly, the entrance and the pool area are refurbed and nice, but the rooms and service leave a lot to be desired. And, some mention that the transfer to the port can not be counted on...

I would want something in a lower price range than some of the other hotels recommended here on other boards on CC.... some are like 140.00 a night.

I think I will check out the LaQuinta Inn.

What hotels would you recommend for a one night stay before the February 28th cruise? We would like to find a reasonably priced and clean hotel that has complimentary shuttles from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port. Also complimentary breakfast if possible.

We got the Hyatt Place for $90 (not including taxes) on priceline for early Jan. 2010. Their (Hyatt's) website price is >$200. They offer shuttle service to and from the airport and port everglades, along with complimentary breakfast and free wifi. Next door at the shopping mall you can pick up the shuttle to the beach.

We got the Hyatt Place for $90 (not including taxes) on priceline for early Jan. 2010. Their (Hyatt's) website price is >$200. They offer shuttle service to and from the airport and port everglades, along with complimentary breakfast and free wifi. Next door at the shopping mall you can pick up the shuttle to the beach.

We also were able to get the Hyatt Place North for $90 with Hotwire. WE will be there in January, and most sites show the cost at $208. In addition, they are within a short walk to Supermarket, a huge wine and liquor store, and many restaurants. WE have stayed at the Embassy Suites, which is close by and don't believe they were worth the exorbitant amount they charge, with no airport shuttle either. It was the first time we did hotwire and were quite nervous about the outcome. But if you choose the proper location choice they offer and 3 star selection, you should do well. Good Luck and Happy Sailing!

I stayed at the Mariott Renaissence this past April and was quite pleased with it. There are restaurants within walking distance & a Walgreens right across the street. While there's no shuttle, it's a short & inexpensive cab ride from the airport as well as to the cruise port. I was fortunate that as I was leaving & asked the bell captain to call me a cab, there was a shuttle van loading up to go to the same ship I was going on, so I rode with that group. It cost me a whopping $7.00!

I'll probably stay at the Rennaisence next year when I fly out to FLL

• 1 month later...

Hi MrktMgr.

I was wondering if you could tell me what you put in at priceline to get that hotel. Mean location, stars, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

I have stayed at the Spring Hill Suites Marriott 2 times and have been pleased with everything. Free Shuttle to hotel from airport and to the cruise port from the hotel. Complimetary Breakfast and stores across the street including Sams Club - free entrance if you stay at spring hill suites and K-Mart

I got the Renaissance on PL for around $80 for Feb. 27 (I think..last Sat in Feb). Bid 4 stars, downtown Ft. Lauderdale. I believe there are free rebids in surrounding areas. If you go to Betterbidding.com, they can advise you accordingly.

Hi MrktMgr.

I was wondering if you could tell me what you put in at priceline to get that hotel. Mean location, stars, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

Priceline: downtown, 3 stars

You might also end up at Embassy Suites or Riverside Hotel, both nice, but don't offer free shuttles.

Use the same stars and Las Olas-downtown-port everglades on Hotwire and look for the shuttle and complimentary breakfast pictures or you will end up at Riverside Hotel.

I stayed at sleep inn Daina in feb . It was ok. Only thing they schedule you for delivery to cruise port. They scheduled us for 3:00 . I didnt want to wait so we took a taxi to cruise port. It was only $10 for 2 so I wouldnt wait . We left at 11:30 and was there at 12 Went right on ship very good timing. This time I got Hilton Marina for our jan 3rd cruise . 1 block from cruise ship. on sale right now $179 5 star rating . CARL

Archived