Xpress Shuttle - LA and San Diego

Okay folks...

Here's a new Shuttle Service I've seen around town.

http://www.xpressshuttle.com

http://www.supershuttle.com/ExpressShuttle.aspx

I'm trying it out today, as it doesn't pick anyone else up like Super Shuttle or Primetime - but it is less expensive than Execucar, or a cab.

So, hopefully somewhere between both in service (and it just got bought up by SuperShuttle).

I'll report back how it goes.

I wanted to put the info up here, if people want to try it for upcoming cruises in Los Angeles or San Diego.

Has anyone used this yet, and had any good or bad experiences?

If it turns out pretty good, then we'll have one more transportation option for cruisers!

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

I'm reporting back on my experience with Xpress.

They were great, and I will use them again.

Definitely a great option of private service, as a good option in between

SuperShuttle shared van and Execucar private sedan.

So far I've had one good experience, but I will use them again - as it was the same price (or maybe a tiny bit cheaper) than a taxi - with a nicer car and more personable service.

Anyone else feel free to report positive or negative experiences here if you book them...

• 4 weeks later...

What vehicles do they use? Just wondering for luggage... if they use a Minivan or a Sedan, etc?

Do you have a contact # and or web page for Xpress Shuttle.

http://www.execucarexpress.com/

1-800-I-ARRIVE (although the number does not work from Canada, so I was unable to call them and ask these questions directly).

I figure we don't really need the Town Car, and this is a few bucks cheaper, so I fail to see why not to use them.... Execucar has never let me down before.

Hey everyone!

I'm reporting back on my experience with Xpress.

So far I've had one good experience, but I will use them again - as it was the same price (or maybe a tiny bit cheaper) than a taxi - with a nicer car and more personable service.

Anyone else feel free to report positive or negative experiences here if you book them...

Curt, We booked Xpress for our cruise this weekend on your recommendation. Will report back at the end of October on our experience with them. I liked the idea that it was a private car & not a shared van even if it cost more. It's sounds like a much more relaxing way to start & end our cruise.

Curt, We booked Xpress for our cruise this weekend on your recommendation. Will report back at the end of October on our experience with them. I liked the idea that it was a private car & not a shared van even if it cost more. It's sounds like a much more relaxing way to start & end our cruise.

Great! I had a good experience, so let's hope you do as well (although I'm pretty confident you will)...

A private car experience at a little less than private car prices makes sense to me as well.

Let us know how it goes, and have a great cruise!:D

• 4 weeks later...
Great! I had a good experience, so let's hope you do as well (although I'm pretty confident you will)...

A private car experience at a little less than private car prices makes sense to me as well.

Let us know how it goes, and have a great cruise!:D

Just to let you know that we had a great experience with Express Shuttle going from LAX to the Crowne Plaza and from the pier back to LAX. I would use them again. It was much better than the shared ride vans. Thanks again for the recommendation!:)

Two thumbs up from me for this service. A very comfortable, hassle free trip from Lax to San Pedro and return we had a couple of weeks ago. No waiting to fill a van, nonstop, and and a 25 minute triip each direction (your mileage may vary). All for $48 + tip total each way for 3 of us!

Okay folks...

Here's a new Shuttle Service I've seen around town.

http://www.xpressshuttle.com

http://www.supershuttle.com/ExpressShuttle.aspx

I'm trying it out today, as it doesn't pick anyone else up like Super Shuttle or Primetime - but it is less expensive than Execucar, or a cab.

So, hopefully somewhere between both in service (and it just got bought up by SuperShuttle).

I'll report back how it goes.

I wanted to put the info up here, if people want to try it for upcoming cruises in Los Angeles or San Diego.

Has anyone used this yet, and had any good or bad experiences?

If it turns out pretty good, then we'll have one more transportation option for cruisers!

FYI...most shuttle companies will offer "Exclusive" fares vs "Shared Ride" fares. Just ask. Also round trip will often save you money as will senior discounts.

Eddie M - former shuttle driver

Curt, as far as I can find out, the San Diego service is still Super Shuttle. Were you able to find out anything different and, if so, do they have one or more accessible vehicles with a lift? Thanks.

Cloud 9 SuperShuttle does have ADA (lift) vehicles.

Not sure if Five Star does or not.

Check them out:

http://www.cloud9shuttle.com/

http://www.fivestarshuttle.com/

They must be reserved in advance and then you call them upon arrival to arrange a pick up spot.

Thank you for the information. Sounds like a good deal for four of us to use this service rather than the Supershuttle from the port to LAX. It will save money and no waiting for the vans to fill up.

To report back on Xpresshuttle (also called execucar), my daughter reserved one for her late arrival at LAX Friday night. When they phoned for the car they were upgraded to a Lincoln Town Car and were whisked straight to San Pedro, a very cushy ride, she said. Especially after a long plane ride in coach! It was worth te extra cost of a shared van ride with SuperShuttle late at night. Highly recommend it!

I reserved the Business Class ride with Execucar (a Honda Odyssy or Pilot) for my clients with a late night arrival into LAX for a transfer to Long Beach. They, too, were upgraded to a town car with no additional expense. They loved it! Great start to their vacation!

Archived