Kid's club pagers?

Ilovemangoes

We took our first family cruise on DCL last year and loved it but I can't justify the cost this time round so we are looking at other lines.

One of the things we really liked about the DCL kids club was that we were issued a pager at the beginning of the cruise so that anytime we left our kids at the club they could page us if they wanted to leave or needed anything.

Does anyone know if Carnival, NCL or RCCL issue pagers?

We got one on the NCL Gem in April for my son who wasn't potty trained. My SIL also got one for my nephew just so they could call if there was a problem (he was potty trained). I think they may reserve them for the children in diapers, but if they have enough they may give them out on a first come first serve basis. (Our cruise was over spring break, so there were LOTS of kids.)

We did have to sign for it and I believe there was a $200 charge if we didn't return it (but I honestly can't remember the amount).

Also, I'm not sure if all the NCL ships have them as my only experience (so far) was on the Gem.

Happy cruising!

We got one on the Mariner (RCI) for our 6-yo DS earlier this summer but only b/c he has asthma and in case we needed to get to him in a hurry. I don't know if they would routinely assign you one w/o a medical condition such as this, but you never know. We had to sign a form for it but I don't believe we had to leave a deposit.

If your child(ren) are in the younger age group (the 2-5 or 3-5 year old group) then the parents will be issued pagers or cell phone (pending on the ship) on all three of those...RCCL, Carnival and NCL.

If they are in the older groups, then no, they aren't.

We got one on the NCL Gem in April for my son who wasn't potty trained. My SIL also got one for my nephew just so they could call if there was a problem (he was potty trained). I think they may reserve them for the children in diapers, but if they have enough they may give them out on a first come first serve basis. (Our cruise was over spring break, so there were LOTS of kids.)

We did have to sign for it and I believe there was a $200 charge if we didn't return it (but I honestly can't remember the amount).

Also, I'm not sure if all the NCL ships have them as my only experience (so far) was on the Gem.

Happy cruising!

I can confirm that NCL has the phones available on all ships. Their lower age limit for the Kid's Crew is 2, so they all have them available for parents whose kids are not potty trained. We tend to sail at off peak times, so we've always been able to get one when we requested it. They are designated for the non-potty-trained, but if they have a surplus, they will absolutely allow any parents who want one to take one. :)

NCL also give you the option of allowing your child 10 - 12 (I don't know how old your kids are) to sign themselves out. We prefer to take the phone, or if there isn't one available we just drop by and check on her every time we change venues. Even the biggest ship is not so big that one or both parents can't just stop by the kid's area and do a live check.

We also carry walkie talkies with us on every cruise, but they've been a little hit or miss for reception depending on the ship and what area of it we're in.

Archived