2nd Time Cruiser

bdcbbq

My wife and I went on our first cruise 2 years ago. We are considering going on a Mediterranean cruise in the the next 2 years. Can anyone direct me to some sites for information and choices. Or share some Mediterranean cruise experiences. We would prefer to cruise HAL because our last time so great.

Thanks,

Bruce

Check the HAL website. We were on the Prinsendam in the Med a few months ago. If I remember correctly HAL is positioning the Westerdam and Rotterdam in addition to the Prinsendam in the Med for 2005. Also, check the Europe ports of call board here on cruise critic. Lots of great information on visiting the Mediterranean.

I would check HAL and Celebrity (Millenium, Constellation, Galaxy and Century) will be in Europe next Summer. You will love Celebrity experience too.

Other than that people say Brilliance of the Seas (of Royal Caribbean) is beautiful ship...

We sailed on Splendour of the Seas (Royal Carib) ...loved the itinerary and ship , didn't care for the food.

I would check the various lines, Holland, Princess, Celebrity, etc.. Have them send you brochures or just look online for the various itineraries. They all seem to visit different ports so there is a lot to look at... Also, you can check the destinations here on Cruise Critic or Destinations on CruiseDiva. com, my wife and I went on the Westerdam this past November on the Autumn Enchantment and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was from Rome to Barcelona with stops in Messina, Dubrovnik, Monte Carlo, Naples, Ajaccio, etc but there are so many that you have to look at the ports you are interested in......

Love the time we had there in the Med..... Would love to do it again to various other ports......

Have fun........

We did Copenhagen to Rome on the Noordam in 2003 and had some great ports. We also did the Baltic in 1999 and the Black Sea on the Prinsendam in October this year. They have all been great cruises with wonderful itineraries.

Mind you we have been to Europe for the past eleven years and have done a lot of land travel so the cruises are really the icing on the cake so to speak, as we now enjoy a more leisurely way of travelling having seen most of the "sights" previously.

You really cannot go wrong with any of the itineraries that are available. Make a list of the cities or ports you really want to see and then look for the cruise.

It is great fun deciding which one to take. :) :)

Jennie

Thanks for the suggestions. We are absolutely clueless about what to see. I did check a thread around here where someone recommended a couple of book on cruising the Mediterranean. Our local library doesn't have them so I am going to try to get them via interlibrary loan. IL will add about $50 to the fund.

Archived