Cruise History Mixup

mechcc

While I really like that I am given an extra cruise credit, the big thing that bothers me is if my cruise history is wrong by giving me a credit where I don't deserve one, what happens if I deserve a credit and don't get one? If C&A can't correct this problem, what gives me the warm fuzzy that they can correct a problem in the opposite way?

I only want what I am entitled to, I don't want any more and I don't want any less.

I was checking my cruise history on the C&A site and noticed I had gotten credit for taking a cruise that I didn't take. I had reserved the cruise but cancelled several months prior to the cruise. Contacted C&A to get it removed and this is the answer I got:

RE: Cruise History

Dear XXXXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail. When viewing your cruise history online, you will see any cruises that have been booked using your Crown & Anchor Society membership number. This may include cruises that were tentatively held by your travel agency, though you may or may not have ever made any payments for these reservations. Our records for the Mariner of the Seas on April 26, 2009, indicate that your reservation was ultimately cancelled and did not receive credit. Unfortunately, we are unable to remove any cruises from your online cruise history. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

XXXXXX, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Kristen Loffland

Crown & Anchor Society

To me this doesn't make sense. If they can't correct an error on their web site how can we make sure that anything on the web site is correct? And how can we be assured our "real" cruise histories are correct?

As far as I understand, they list every cruise you ever made reservations for but know damn well on which one you were on weren't. This seems to be a pure database query-related issue. The cost of changing this might be huge, so therefor they just leave it this way.

My cruise credits are also not quite accurate. We were "promoted" to D+ about 5 cruises early. I contacted C&A and was told pretty much what others have been told. When the D+ desk called about the amenity I again explained wht happened. Again no corrective action the amenity was offered and we did not take it. Received the invite for the bridge tour. Visited with th LA and explained it again (3rd time). Took the bridge tour!

The credits acually went as high as 43. There were no extra cruises listed just extra credits. I called again and again and finally the credits were adjusted. So we sailed with D+ on our Sea Pass for 3 cruises before we actually became D+.

Archived