Cruise History Mixup

mechcc

I was checking my cruise history on the C&A site and noticed I had gotten credit for taking a cruise that I didn't take. I had reserved the cruise but cancelled several months prior to the cruise. Contacted C&A to get it removed and this is the answer I got:

RE: Cruise History

Dear XXXXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail. When viewing your cruise history online, you will see any cruises that have been booked using your Crown & Anchor Society membership number. This may include cruises that were tentatively held by your travel agency, though you may or may not have ever made any payments for these reservations. Our records for the Mariner of the Seas on April 26, 2009, indicate that your reservation was ultimately cancelled and did not receive credit. Unfortunately, we are unable to remove any cruises from your online cruise history. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

XXXXXX, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Kristen Loffland

Crown & Anchor Society

To me this doesn't make sense. If they can't correct an error on their web site how can we make sure that anything on the web site is correct? And how can we be assured our "real" cruise histories are correct?

When I click on 'cruise history' it takes me to my completed cruise list. Over the years I have had a few that I held or put a deposit on but later cancelled or moved. I don't see them at all. Does it show a 1 under 'Credit Value'? If it does, and you've already brought it to their attention, I guess you get to keep it. ;)

When I click on 'cruise history' it takes me to my completed cruise list. Over the years I have had a few that I held or put a deposit on but later cancelled or moved. I don't see them at all. Does it show a 1 under 'Credit Value'? If it does, and you've already brought it to their attention, I guess you get to keep it. ;)

Keeping it would be a nice thing! Funny thing is that another cruise I booked and cancelled doesn't show up. I know the person that went on the cruise in my place and have contacted her to make sure she got credit. Haven't heard if she did or not. If we both get credit then I will drop it and keep the credit. After all it was the infamous "Swine Flu Cruise" and maybe I can lobby for a future cruise credit.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Keeping it would be a nice thing! Funny thing is that another cruise I booked and cancelled doesn't show up. I know the person that went on the cruise in my place and have contacted her to make sure she got credit. Haven't heard if she did or not. If we both get credit then I will drop it and keep the credit. After all it was the infamous "Swine Flu Cruise" and maybe I can lobby for a future cruise credit.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I booked and then transfered a cruise to another ship.

When they finally gave me my credits, they gave them to me for the canceled cruise.

I told them I did not sail that ship and that I wanted the credits for the ship I sailed.

They would not change them. :confused:

So I am down as sailing the Radiance 14 nights to Alaska, when I really sailed the Empress 11 nights to the Southern Caribbean in a JS.

2 credits each cruise anyway. ;)

Then they gave me a cruise credit I never sailed. I called and told them. They thanked me for being honest but told me I had to keep it. Same thing. Once a mistake is made it has to stay there.

So I am down for sailing a ship I never sailed on. :)

So I am down as sailing the Radiance 14 nights to Alaska, when I really sailed the Empress 11 nights to the Southern Caribbean in a JS.

Actually it's 12 nights or longer for the extra credit so you got an extra credit here too.

where i can find my cruise history?

i logged in on the rci homepage with mycruises but i don´t find a button for the history

i only see my booked cruises for 2009 and 2010

At the top of the RCI Home Page is the log in for My Cruises. Click on that and it will take you to a page that says "Welcome" and your name.

You should see current booking numbers under "Purchased & Held Cruises" for all your cruises not yet sailed. You can click on these to view your reservations.

Below that is Saved Cruises and Completed Cruises. Click on Completed Cruises and it should take you to all the cruises you have sailed on with credits received.

ok i don´t have the button completed cruises.

maybe i am from germany and they have a different system

i logged in at the us homepage the german hompage does not have a mycruises system.

I am an Irish cruiser and use the UK website. There is no "completed crusies" button on my page either.

It doesn't surprise me. I found recently that I could not access the C&A members forum. I asked them about this and got the reply that only American C&A members could access the C&A discussion forum! It's probabable that only the North American members can see their cruising history.

As a new C&A member I'm dissapointed to find that non American members seem to be treated differently. I know it's an American company but we all pay the same for our cruises.

Hey marielco,

yes for me the same no CA Forum :(

oh yes often i thought we where treated differently

when you have a question for RCI in Germany the must call to america to get an adjucation :)

we are on our way to get diamond and we are happy with RCI although we treated different as german cruiser :(

Actually it's 12 nights or longer for the extra credit so you got an extra credit here too.

Yes, that is what I posted above. That is why I gave up asking them to change it. :) If I had gotten cheated on the extra credit, I would still be going round with them. :(

Alexis: So I am down as sailing the Radiance 14 nights to Alaska, when I really sailed the Empress 11 nights to the Southern Caribbean in a JS.

OP that is very honest of you. If they can not remove the mix up I would not stress over it overtly.

I know someone who has several "credits" for cruises he has never gone on. He actually purposely booked and canceled in order to get to the Diamond Plus status. I do not agree with this thought process. He has found the loop hole in the system. What he does is books with a group in a room with someone. Then later cancels and does not go. However, the other person or the group keeps the reservation and just puts others in the room. While his name does get canceled with the cruiseline, for some reason half of the time it still shows up as a credit. Is it fair to us who does it the correct way, no way. I have stopped arguing with him over the subject. It is just not worth it.

I think it is some type of loop hole in the system for when the entire party does not cancel the booking, which would be the case of an individual booking. With the group, a TA block a specific amount of rooms and tried to sell them. Some of times they will keep the canceled booking from a group open by paying the deposit themselves and putting bogus names on the reservation. Then later if they can sale the room they are reimbursed their deposit amount and they still get the commissions from the booking. Now please understand I am not saying all TA's do this, but the one I know does and they do it for their friends who wants to "move" up to a higher status without having to really pay out the money.

My "Cruise History" record has always been way off...

They show me on some cruises long ago--like the first year Royal Caribbean was in existence...But they miss other old cruises I was on--on the old Viking Serenade...Most of these errors on on OLD cruises...

I figure that somehow it evens out...I thought one time I'd try to straighten them out--get them to remove the old ones I wasn't on and add the old ones I was on...but what's the point? More trouble than it's worth...I figure as long as you are even or ahead, leave it alone...

It doesn't have to be an exact science...the C&A perks aren't that important...though, maybe if they were BEHIND, I'd want to get credited properly...But even or ahead? It's all okay...

And you wonder why the lounges are so crowded:rolleyes:.

I can tell you when I called to report it, the lady was shocked and surprised. :eek:

I have posted it before on here and so have others. ;)

But, I have been a Diamond now since 2006 on my own honest earned Credits and never once used the Concierge Lounge. ;)

Except to give them back the key. :D

Enjoy the added bonus. I received 2 credits for a cruise that I never booked, took, or was anywhere near. They had me on Freedom in April of last year. I hope I enjoyed it.

I THINK I really enjoyed the first two cruises on my "Cruise history"...

The site shows two cruises in November of 1970...it doesn't say which ship...

I must have enjoyed them so much that I hallucinated two later cruises on the Viking Serenade since the site doesn't show them at all...So THOSE I must have imagined...

The two in 1970, however, must have been extraordinary...

Of course, look at the time frame...A lot of us have trouble remembering much about the 70s at all...So, for me, I am just going to have to take it on faith that I was there...since Crown & Anchor says so...

What is the old saying?

If you remember the 70s, then you weren't really there.

I THINK I really enjoyed the first two cruises on my "Cruise history"...

The site shows two cruises in November of 1970...it doesn't say which ship...

I must have enjoyed them so much that I hallucinated two later cruises on the Viking Serenade since the site doesn't show them at all...So THOSE I must have imagined...

The two in 1970, however, must have been extraordinary...

Of course, look at the time frame...A lot of us have trouble remembering much about the 70s at all...So, for me, I am just going to have to take it on faith that I was there...since Crown & Anchor says so...

What is the old saying?

If you remember the 70s, then you weren't really there.

In 2006 When I came back to RCI after a 12 year hiatus, they were confused about my credits, my DH's and our kids...C&A always had correct credits for us but they never showed up on-line until the recent "upgrade"

those extra credits now have the November 1970 date.

I am an Irish cruiser and use the UK website. There is no "completed crusies" button on my page either.

It doesn't surprise me. I found recently that I could not access the C&A members forum. I asked them about this and got the reply that only American C&A members could access the C&A discussion forum! It's probabable that only the North American members can see their cruising history.

As a new C&A member I'm dissapointed to find that non American members seem to be treated differently. I know it's an American company but we all pay the same for our cruises.

Hey marielco,

yes for me the same no CA Forum :(

oh yes often i thought we where treated differently

when you have a question for RCI in Germany the must call to america to get an adjucation :)

we are on our way to get diamond and we are happy with RCI although we treated different as german cruiser :(

That just doesn't seem fair. I can't imagine why they would have it set up this way. Does anyone out there know the answer to this?

Archived