Shareholder Credits/Benefits

Hamburg Avon Lady

Chime

Funny you should ask about combining. I just did it yesterday. I had e-mailed Celebrity with the same question. Got a response, which I will take with me by the way when we sail, that yes they can be combined with instructions. Be aware though that the instructions had an incorrect phone number to send Celebrity your confirmation number.

We have Celebrity Visa - When the phone # didn't work, called Captain's Club, had our reservation number handy. They took the confirmation and told me it had been credited to our March cruise on Mercury.

At least we can still combine these perks.

Pat C

No changes yet. A quick review on RCI's website, shows the same onboard credit we've gotten the past couple of years:

14 night+ cruises: $250

10 - 13 nights: $200

6 - 9 nights: $100

5 nights or less: $50

Do you know if you can combine the shareholder credit with the OBC you get from the RCI VISA credit card? When I made my first purchase using the card, I was given 15,000 points, which we may use for an OBC. But we also applied and received previously a confirmation that we have the shareholder credit. Will we have any problem applying for and using the VISA points for OBC for the same cruise?

Jerseygirl3 ~ I believe stilcrusin is correct. You shouldn't have any problems getting your shareholder credit and VISA OBC. The only change to combinations I'm aware of are "internal." Meaning you can no longer combine an OBC the cruiseline itself offers for booking onboard in combination with a shareholder credit. I believe OBCs offered by TA or travel services/credit cards are still permitted. When in doubt, check with INVESTOR RELATIONS. Don't call Celebrity or the Captains Club, call Investor Relations.

Jerseygirl3 ~ I believe stilcrusin is correct. You shouldn't have any problems getting your shareholder credit and VISA OBC. The only change to combinations I'm aware of are "internal." Meaning you can no longer combine an OBC the cruiseline itself offers for booking onboard in combination with a shareholder credit. I believe OBCs offered by TA or travel services/credit cards are still permitted. When in doubt, check with INVESTOR RELATIONS. Don't call Celebrity or the Captains Club, call Investor Relations.

:) When you call RCCL Visa --- you will be asked what cruise line and date of sailing you are talking --- you will receive a confirmation ##. We did this last January and had no problem. We also had a gift cetificate from RCCL from our daughter as a Christmas gift and OBC's from the TA along with

shareholder credits. Just be sure to take your paperwork along to prove

your point -- "in case" ;)

• 2 months later...
Would like to know typical processing time

I always sent a screenshot from my depot via email to: ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

They answer and confirm it very quick normaly next working day:

For example these is for 3 cruises we booked since now the last one is 2011 (pls look at my sgn) and they confirmed the OBC.

Never had any problems, you see the OBC in the invoice on board.

Good day,

The requested shareholder's onboard credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation

#60***** for $50 onboard credit, reservation #44**** and #27**** each for $100 onboard credit.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise!

**PLEASE NOTE*** The shareholder onboard credit benefit has changed as to its combinability with other discounts or onboard credit offers. This pertains to NEW reservations made on or after 1/01/09 and Next Cruise reservations that are made after 1/01/09. If you have a reservation or NC booking that was created before 1/01/09, all eligible benefits will still be combinable. For more information please visit the website: www.rclinvestor.com.

Kind regards,

The Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

Hope this helps...:)

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my act together and e-mailed my brokerage statement showing the 100 shares of stock. Very much looking forward to $200 OBC for my upcoming 12 night Alaska trip. I'll hand it right back to them for access to the T-pool and spa!! :p

It really is a nice benefit. Thank you RCCL!

Host Anne is correct. The way I look at it is that you cannot combine "free" credits or benefits from that the cruiseline itself offers. The credits from a TA or bank credit card are similar to the OBC that you can purchase yourself or be given as a gift from a friend or relative. You can combine only one free credit from the cruiseline with as many purchased (from bank card or TA or even ones that you purchase yourself or others purchase for you) as you want.

Be aware that sometimes the credits you see in a TA ad could be a credit from the cruiseline during a special promotion and not a credit directly from the TA.

Also, even though Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are owned by the same company, you cannot use onboard credit from a Royal Caribbean credit card on Celebrity cruise or onboard credit from a Celebrity card on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

I finally got my act together and e-mailed my brokerage statement showing the 100 shares of stock. Very much looking forward to $200 OBC for my upcoming 12 night Alaska trip. I'll hand it right back to them for access to the T-pool and spa!! :p It really is a nice benefit. Thank you RCCL!

That was fast and easy...just got this e-mail:

The requested shareholder's onboard credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation #XXXXXX for $200 onboard credit.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

:):p:D

• 1 month later...
I finally got my act together and e-mailed my brokerage statement showing the 100 shares of stock. Very much looking forward to $200 OBC for my upcoming 12 night Alaska trip. I'll hand it right back to them for access to the T-pool and spa!! :p

It really is a nice benefit. Thank you RCCL!

Glad you brought up an Alaska trip

I have a May 28th 11 night cruise coming up

however it is 4 cruisetour and only 7 actual cruise days

the paper work does say 11 nights , I was wonder just how many

days they will credit.

Glad you brought up an Alaska trip

I have a May 28th 11 night cruise coming up

however it is 4 cruisetour and only 7 actual cruise days

the paper work does say 11 nights , I was wonder just how many

days they will credit.

I believe they count it as an 11 nighter, so you should receive $200 Shareholder OBC.

Archived