Minimum Age for shore excursion w/o adult?

MizDaisy

Does anyone know if NCL has an age minimum for a teen (almost 17) to go on a shore excursion by himself?

Our son wants to do the Crab Fisherman's tour in Ketchikan, and we want to just look around the town.

Will he be old enough to go alone? He's definitely mature enough, he did a tour of Europe this summer without us.

Does anyone know if NCL has an age minimum for a teen (almost 17) to go on a shore excursion by himself?

Our son wants to do the Crab Fisherman's tour in Ketchikan, and we want to just look around the town.

Will he be old enough to go alone? He's definitely mature enough, he did a tour of Europe this summer without us.

Your 16 yr old son went to Europe on his own? Wow... :eek:

Your 16 yr old son went to Europe on his own? Wow... :eek:

Not ALL alone. He was with the People to People Student Ambassador group. But he had to handle a lot of stuff on his own. My daughters (who are older than he is) could never do it on their own. He's a pretty awesome kid.

You will LOVE Barbados, by the way. It's probably one of my all-time favorites.

Not ALL alone. He was with the People to People Student Ambassador group. But he had to handle a lot of stuff on his own. My daughters (who are older than he is) could never do it on their own. He's a pretty awesome kid.

You will LOVE Barbados, by the way. It's probably one of my all-time favorites.

Ahhh... that sounds a little better... I can trust my kids to do a LOT on their own, but not go to Europe!! LOL!! Glad to hear it sounds like he was in a great group. :)

As for the actual excursions for your son, I'm not certain how NCL does it, but on Carnival the O2 Club (teens aged 15-17) get to go on excursions organized by and chaperoned by the staff. Our particular cruise this past April had a couple scheduled, but there wasn't enough interest, so they cancelled them.

We're pretty excited about Barbados - we've always wanted to go there, but had never gotten around to it before now. We've discovered we are very much cruise people since last summer, but we actually won the trip to Barbados, so we'll make an exception and go sit on a beach for a week. :p

I looked on NCL's website under Shore Excursions. Under the Shore Excursions Term & Condition's it clearly states: "An adult must accompany participants under the age of 18 on all tours."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=ShorexTermsConditions

Thank you.....I should have thought to look there myself. I appreciate it!

Ahhh... that sounds a little better... I can trust my kids to do a LOT on their own, but not go to Europe!! LOL!! Glad to hear it sounds like he was in a great group. :)

As for the actual excursions for your son, I'm not certain how NCL does it, but on Carnival the O2 Club (teens aged 15-17) get to go on excursions organized by and chaperoned by the staff. Our particular cruise this past April had a couple scheduled, but there wasn't enough interest, so they cancelled them.

We're pretty excited about Barbados - we've always wanted to go there, but had never gotten around to it before now. We've discovered we are very much cruise people since last summer, but we actually won the trip to Barbados, so we'll make an exception and go sit on a beach for a week. :p

Don't just sit on the beach! There are a lot of things to see in Barbados. At least take one day and hire a taxi for a tour.

Archived