Pedicure on Princess?

hawk1972

I paid $65 on the TP on our World Cruise and it was the worst pedicure I have ever had. My only reprieve was that I had a $50 spa credit - so I didn't complain. They did not have comfortable chairs - just a wicker chair that you sat in; put your feet in a bucket of water; then put your legs on the girls lap for the pedicure. The chair was not the right height - so I felt like I was holding my leg up the entire time and sliding out of the chair. Also the shortest foot/leg massage ever - no longer than 2-3 minutes total. I thought for $65 I would be treated like a queen - but not so.

My usual rule is to not use the spa on the ship due to their prices and their sales pitches for their spa products - but being gone 107 days - my toes did need attention. So after that, I looked when we had time on shore and got the rest of my pedicures done in port for normal fees ($20ish) and really enjoyed them. My favorite was at a resort in Vietnam, on an outside lounge chair right on the ocean and it was fabulous - great view, nice cool drink and it was $15!!!

I paid $65 on the TP on our World Cruise and it was the worst pedicure I have ever had. My only reprieve was that I had a $50 spa credit - so I didn't complain. They did not have comfortable chairs - just a wicker chair that you sat in; put your feet in a bucket of water; then put your legs on the girls lap for the pedicure. The chair was not the right height - so I felt like I was holding my leg up the entire time and sliding out of the chair. Also the shortest foot/leg massage ever - no longer than 2-3 minutes total. I thought for $65 I would be treated like a queen - but not so.

My usual rule is to not use the spa on the ship due to their prices and their sales pitches for their spa products - but being gone 107 days - my toes did need attention. So after that, I looked when we had time on shore and got the rest of my pedicures done in port for normal fees ($20ish) and really enjoyed them. My favorite was at a resort in Vietnam, on an outside lounge chair right on the ocean and it was fabulous - great view, nice cool drink and it was $15!!!

Bummer... I had my first pedicure ever on the Sapphire Princess last year. The chair was really comfortable and she spent at least 15 minutes on the foot/leg massage. My feet were like jelly afterward... I wondered why I had waited so long to try a pedicure. :p And yeah, I did get "the pitch" afterward, but just declined it all... tipped her well and I was off!

Here's a pic...

2993716372_31b6019de0.jpg

I had one on the Dawn Princess SFO to SYD- and worse I have ever had too- the foot bath- chair I was in did not go lower- and since I am short- my feet were "dangling"- then they did the foot on their leg- I was very uncomfortable- would rather get one at home- then wait till I get back-

I would ask first- and check out their method- before committing. rlb

I usually get mine done the day before we leave. I only pay $30, plus a $5 tip---and she always puts a little flower or other design on my big toe:p. I get them done every 3 weeks at home in the summer--so it always looks good for an entire 2 week cruise:D

Have your wife ask for Jenny from Liverpool for her pedicure on the Star. I sailed on the Star in April and May, and will be back in September. Jenny is awesome. Her hot stone leg massages are amazing as well.

Archived