Guarantee Cabins Success stories

I have booked GTY a few times with good results. The best was on the Fascination. I booked a outside guarantee a week out and did not have a cabin assignment until we checked our bags at the dock. I asked the porter if U87 (?) was a good cabin and he of course said it was, but not was not convincing. We boarded, had lunch and toured the ship for a while before finding our cabin. I had heard the cabins had been recently refurbished so when I opened my door and noticed the wood inlay floor I was not surprised. I was more than surprised when I swung the door the rest of the way open and found myself looking at the dock through my balcony door window.

There are maybe 40 balcony suites on the Fantasy class ships, a lucky draw. I booked through a large Chicago area base cruise agency, maybe it helped, maybe not. It was a three night cruise and we never stepped foot off the ship.:)

You simply stated a fact to a thread that called for "success stories" .. If you didn't have one you should have just passed it on by.

I don't feel at all that I overreacted. You put more than your two cents in where it really wasn't wanted.

Sorry but thats my opinion.

Had I wanted to hear all the negatives I would have asked that.

People enjoy the excitement of getting ready for their cruise. If I have a negative experience than I do... Don't need to try and ruin someone elses experience.

You know...I simply stated a fact...there are many silly threads here like "tell me something good about xyz hotel" etc...in the face of bad reviews

I am a very happy person....I really have NO desire for a balcony as they make me kind of quesy, and I like to be out and doing things

I also am afraid I would be near a smoker

"This poor person"...blah balh....I could say "this silly person only wants to hear success stories"....geeze

I really feel that you overreacted very badly and your comments are very personal

you really need to chill I guess

You simply stated a fact to a thread that called for "success stories" .. If you didn't have one you should have just passed it on by.

I don't feel at all that I overreacted. You put more than your two cents in where it really wasn't wanted.

Sorry but thats my opinion.

Had I wanted to hear all the negatives I would have asked that.

People enjoy the excitement of getting ready for their cruise. If I have a negative experience than I do... Don't need to try and ruin someone elses experience.

You didn't over react...I really enjoyed this thread and the success stories. Talk about excited!!! I've got 27 days to go and I don't know if I can wait!!! Not sure what I would do without these boards to read.......at least I can talk about it all the time on here....friends sometimes get tired me giving the daily countdown...lol...thanks for the thread!!!!

Thank You Sandy !!! I didn't think I overreacted and the two possibly that think I did are killjoys.

You buy a lottery ticket and dream right ????? Enough said. I have a better chance of getting a good cabin than winning the lottery.

I love reading excitement from others and I know what you mean with the countdowns .... We usually book almost a year in advance and my friends/coworkers were tired of hearing 320 days to go, 319 to go. I'd do it everyday ;-) I loved it.

Have a great cruise..

You didn't over react...I really enjoyed this thread and the success stories. Talk about excited!!! I've got 27 days to go and I don't know if I can wait!!! Not sure what I would do without these boards to read.......at least I can talk about it all the time on here....friends sometimes get tired me giving the daily countdown...lol...thanks for the thread!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any GREAT luck with this?

This is our first time trying this with a Gty Balcony.

We booked Emerald Princess in early July with a GTY BF Balcony (Baja deck) for 11/15/2009 cruise.

We were just notified today of our upgrade...Aloha deck balcony mid-ship.:D

Great news for you...

I found out our location is Deck 6 forward with NO obstruction of anything so I'm thrilled.

The Grand Princess was my very first experience cruising.... I was hooked w/ cruising after that one .

Enjoy yours.

Carrie

We booked Emerald Princess in early July with a GTY BF Balcony (Baja deck) for 11/15/2009 cruise.

We were just notified today of our upgrade...Aloha deck balcony mid-ship.:D

I have taken 6 cruises, will be leaving on my 7th in 5 DAYS!!!:D and have always just picked my room.

Have begged and pleaded with my brothers to take a cruise they will love it blah blah blah...they think I am obsessed...

SIL finally decides she and brother need cruise for their anniversary. She booked OV guarantee and they still did not have cabin assignment till they got to port...they ended up with Cat.12 :eek: TALK ABOUT BEING JEALOUS!!!! First cruise and they get a suite??!! Lucky devils. If they had listened to me they would have not booked the guarantee. I am sooo glad they did not listen, and now I am thinking maybe I should try for a roll of the dice :D...cuz it could happen....

Have a GREAT trip!!

Now thats a success story... How cool is that.

I have taken 6 cruises, will be leaving on my 7th in 5 DAYS!!!:D and have always just picked my room.

Have begged and pleaded with my brothers to take a cruise they will love it blah blah blah...they think I am obsessed...

SIL finally decides she and brother need cruise for their anniversary. She booked OV guarantee and they still did not have cabin assignment till they got to port...they ended up with Cat.12 :eek: TALK ABOUT BEING JEALOUS!!!! First cruise and they get a suite??!! Lucky devils. If they had listened to me they would have not booked the guarantee. I am sooo glad they did not listen, and now I am thinking maybe I should try for a roll of the dice :D...cuz it could happen....

Have a GREAT trip!!

Great news for you...

I found out our location is Deck 6 forward with NO obstruction of anything so I'm thrilled.

The Grand Princess was my very first experience cruising.... I was hooked w/ cruising after that one .

Enjoy yours.

Carrie

Iv done Grand Princess too with a guarantee. We did pretty well. Our friend paid almost twice what we paid, thru a group that included bus transportation from Dallas. We drove down and meet them on the ship. They got middle/forward deck 11 and we were one deck below them, kinda middle a little toward the aft for our price.

We thought it was great that they paid so much more than us for one deck up.

Guess it's the roll of the dice huh ?

We're happy with our assignment. As long as its a balcony we're thrilled.

Don't care where forward or aft .. It's a balcony we can see out , down and around !!!

Can't wait now. 50 more days !!!

Iv done Grand Princess too with a guarantee. We did pretty well. Our friend paid almost twice what we paid, thru a group that included bus transportation from Dallas. We drove down and meet them on the ship. They got middle/forward deck 11 and we were one deck below them, kinda middle a little toward the aft for our price.

We thought it was great that they paid so much more than us for one deck up.

We did Guarantee once and got exactly the cabins we wanted.

We wanted the last two triple cabins on the Paradise. We took the gamble on booking two triple cabins at the guarantee rate - knowing that we could have ended up with a rollaway.

Not an upgrade but we were very happy with this.

Thats it... Bottom line as long as your happy with it.

I think most of us who book guarantee cabins are not expecting anything much more than what they paid for but occasional thoughts of what you might get and what some have gotten are really amazing.

We did Guarantee once and got exactly the cabins we wanted.

We wanted the last two triple cabins on the Paradise. We took the gamble on booking two triple cabins at the guarantee rate - knowing that we could have ended up with a rollaway.

Not an upgrade but we were very happy with this.

We've cruised twice with RCCL and our first Carnival cruise is coming up on Carnival's Miracle. We booked guarantee on all 3 and have been pleased with the results! On the Miracle we have been assigned a category 8H balcony and I'm pretty happy with that!

Guess you won't know till you try... Glad we did !

We've cruised twice with RCCL and our first Carnival cruise is coming up on Carnival's Miracle. We booked guarantee on all 3 and have been pleased with the results! On the Miracle we have been assigned a category 8H balcony and I'm pretty happy with that!

Archived