Are there programmed activities for Parents and Kids together?

CanucsonVacay

We will be on the Monarch (RCCL) later this month and we are hesitant to leave our daughter (7 yo) at the Kids Club. Does anyone know if there are programmed activites for both Parents and Kids to do together.

Also, are the games like "Quest", for adults only?

This is our first time cruising so I'm not sure what to expect.:confused:

Quest is an Adult show....it's not really appropriate for kids under mid-teens .

The shows (other than those labeled "adult") are fine for families....

Your 7 yo will have a BLAST in AO! Don't deprive her of that--the kids LOVE it!

Be sure to attend the Welcome Aboard Family Show hosted by the Adventure Ocean Staff on the first evening of your cruise.

If your daughter still does not want to attend here are some other things the whole family an enjoy:

Airbrushed Tattoos

Rockwall (ages 6 and up)

Pets at Sea (like Build A Bear)

Splash Bash-outdoor family water fun

and..........my kid's favorites.......

Royal Family Disco located in the Circuit Club

Your daily cruise compass will have the activities listed and where each of them will be taking place.

Keep in mind the Pet's at Sea and Tattoos have additional fees.

Quest and the Love & Marriage show are adult in nature. The compass will clearly state if it's for adults only or rate it for you.

Enjoy Monarch!:):)

i have never had children in the kids clubs, but every child i have ever seen in them (they do activities around the ship sometimes) looked like they were having the time of their lives!

the only issue i have other heard about was dealing with older children signing out....not sure what that was all about, but i would make sure i completely understood their sign out policy!

have a great family trip!

Beverly

If RC is like the cruiselines we've been on, you should be able to get a day-by-day schedule. Your child may go on the first day, and then be bugging you every day thereafter to go to the kids' area (my daughter used to call it "ship school" and ask every morning if "ship school is open yet."

Parent-child activities should be indicated on either that program or on the daily newsletter.

I remember when our girl was 4 or so, we took part in the family karoake. Unfortunately, my hubby was intent on this one song (about cruises), rather than on a song my daughter knew.

The schedules are at the link in my signature. I do have Monarch (or was it Majesty). Anyway, yes, Royal Caribbean does have family activities. Some things noted on past RCCL cruise - Family Karaoke, Family Scavenger Hunt, Family Dance Party, Family Wii

Yes, stay away from Quest and Love/Marriage - not appropriate for a young child.

And I understand your concern, but the kids club is VERY safe.

Archived