Does Mercury have a Naturalist on Board?

gsarnow

Our very first cruise ever was on Mercury to Alaska. It was with our son who was then 11 years old (he is now 21). He followed that Naturalist around the entire ship listening to everything he had to say and then would run and find us to spout it all back. It was truly wonderful!

My understanding is that every X ship in Alaska has a naturalist. We were on the Infinity last June out of Seattle to Alaska and the naturalist on that ship was also terrific.

Attend as many lectures as possible. It was well worth the time.

On our May cruise the naturalist was Milos ..... Radakovich? I know the first name was Milos (pronounced Mee-losh) but I'm foggy on the second half.

He. Was. Fabulous.

I made all of his presentations but one. He was really great. Very interesting, not dry at all. He'd made a point one day of pointing out differences between sea lions and seals, one distinction being long flippery "paws" versus shorter "fingered" ones. My husband and I got into a little dispute about what we were seeing when we were docked in Astoria, Oregon. A couple days later I saw Milos leaving his table in the buffet and I asked if I could ask a quick question and told him that a foot rub was riding on me having the correct answer. I asked him the question, he told me *I* was right, then looked at DH (who was standing behind me but I didn't know it) that he recommended he get straight to the foot massage but not stop there just keep going up! Occasionally a little racy as you can tell but all in good fun and not offensive (at least to us) at all.

Two thumbs PLUS for Milos!

Archived