This would suck

OrdieJ

You wouldn't have to worry about the size of the shower. Of course, you may get a few strange looks from other passengers when you clean up. :eek:

It could make getting to the dining room on formal nights a bit tricky, however. :)

Semi-seriously though, does anyone know what happened? Burst pipe? Pool spring a leak? Someone on the deck above leave their balcony door open?

You wouldn't have to worry about the size of the shower. Of course, you may get a few strange looks from other passengers when you clean up. :eek:

It could make getting to the dining room on formal nights a bit tricky, however. :)

Semi-seriously though, does anyone know what happened? Burst pipe? Pool spring a leak? Someone on the deck above leave their balcony door open?

This caption goes with the video....:eek:

"We got an interesting surprise on our 1st day of our cruise :P A hot water pipe burst flooding our room plus 19 others. However, by the 2nd day, they had most of the carpets replaced so all was good :-)"

Interesting that the carpets were replaced by the second day. Does that mean ships carry a supply of fresh new carpet in case of any contingency?

Yes, they do.

The only thing that I found interesting is that when I clicked on Ordie's link, and went to youtube, the "related videos" on the right were "Islam Denounces Terrorism".

How is that related to "Voyager of the Seas Flood"?!?!?!?!

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Charming title for your thread, by the way, Ordie. :rolleyes:

Yes, they do.

The only thing that I found interesting is that when I clicked on Ordie's link, and went to youtube, the "related videos" on the right were "Islam Denounces Terrorism".

How is that related to "Voyager of the Seas Flood"?!?!?!?!

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Charming title for your thread, by the way, Ordie. :rolleyes:

I find the "related videos" very suspicious.

M

We're just back from the Navigator Eastern Mediterranean and the whole starboard side of the ship lost all toilet functions, sometimes for over an hour, on several occasions. It was never a major problem for us. We just looked for a public toilet on the port side.

Is compensation always to be expected? It's not like RCCL did anything wrong.

In this instance YES they should be compensated. What if they had luggage on the floor, under the bed? It is a rather large inconvenience, even if they clean it up within a day. Maybe not a full refund or a free cruise, but some partial compensation would be expected.

Doesn't matter if they didn't do anything wrong. A cruise should provide basic accommodations and a pipe bursting would preclude that.

But I agree that in many instances passengers ask for too much. Things like weather or the swine flu do NOT deserve compensation since those are problems that are out of the the cruise line's hands. Again, since this is a part of the actual SHIP that broke, then the RCCL ISresponsible.

I wouldn't mind! If I got a half free cruise out of it I'd be pumped! :D

I agree with you. Sometimes stuff happens. If anything was damaged, such as luggage, I am confident that RCI would make things better.

This broken cookie has ruined my cruise experience. Please compensate me.

Yes, they carry carpet and pretty much anything else they would need to do repairs. One one cruise, they were rebuilding an entire bar by the pool. They had all the lumber, tools and supplies they needed.

I agree with you. Sometimes stuff happens. If anything was damaged, such as luggage, I am confident that RCI would make things better.

This broken cookie has ruined my cruise experience. Please compensate me.

I am not the type to complain about many things on a cruise, I actually prefer to have a few minor glitches, normally makes for good stories when you get back.

However in this case Royal isn't delivering the service that I am paying them for (a usable room). I would be happy if they moved me to a new room on the ship and a small gesture to show they are sorry for the inconvience. I doubt Royal wants you going home and telling your friends, "it rained in my room and Royal did nothing to remedy the situation". Provided none of my personal property was damaged I would find that situation absolutely hysterical. It would be a great story to tell new friends at the bars around the ship.

Archived