Question about Constellation Concierge Class

disneyclfan

I have friends who just booked a cat C2 on the Constellation-- the res agent said all concierge cabins are the same sq feet but gosh- they look so different on the deckplan.

I know deckplans aren't always to scale or correct. Does anyone know if the balconies vary from C1, C2, C3 categories?

Thanks!

Stephanie

I have friends who just booked a cat C2 on the Constellation-- the res agent said all concierge cabins are the same sq feet but gosh- they look so different on the deckplan.

I know deckplans aren't always to scale or correct. Does anyone know if the balconies vary from C1, C2, C3 categories?

Thanks!

Stephanie

NOPE! Same size! Its all about location,location,location!:rolleyes:

I have seen Connie CC balconies that differ greatly from one another. In this case, the deck plans do tell the story. We have sailed the Connie in an aft cabin that was fabulous; would do it again in a second. One time friends of ours had a midship CC cabin that was so small, you had to move everything just to sit out there. She wound up with a generous credit for a future cruise, as one picture was worth a thousand words, but the point is, if the ship has angles, the balconies will, too.

There are differences.

I have not seen the new categories that will soon take effect but the aft CC cabins have huge balconies and CC cabins on Penthouse deck (6) are also larger. Presently they sell out first and then there are all the others at about 190 or 191 sq ft. with similar balconies with a couple of exceptions as mentioned by CaroleSP... I think it's 8108 that has a small balcony.

6143-6144-6135-6136 are great

Aft: 7203/7212/7208/7206 8185/8176/8172/8170 are the most sought after

One time friends of ours had a midship CC cabin that was so small, you had to move everything just to sit out there. She wound up with a generous credit for a future cruise, as one picture was worth a thousand words, but the point is, if the ship has angles, the balconies will, too.

Question, why would someone get a credit because their SR or Balcony was 'smaller'?

Heard and seen the Stern CC's with extended Balconies - neat, and the CC's on the angle - had one. Nice. But the additional area was handy only to stand in at the rail, and didn't really give any extra area for sitting much.

But why would someone get a cruise credit for a standard CC cabin? Have never seen one less then what is advertised.

Denny

Question, why would someone get a credit because their SR or Balcony was 'smaller'?

Heard and seen the Stern CC's with extended Balconies - neat, and the CC's on the angle - had one. Nice. But the additional area was handy only to stand in at the rail, and didn't really give any extra area for sitting much.

But why would someone get a cruise credit for a standard CC cabin? Have never seen one less then what is advertised.

Denny

There is one Concierge class cabin on the M-class ships that has a ridiculously small balcony. Somewhere on CC photos were posted, but basically it was an angled balcony that was so small a second chair didn't fit on it. Celebrity definitely misrepresents by not pointing out that this is a less than desirable balcony, and yet they charge the same price. They need to "downgrade" this particular balcony (I'm assuming there's one on each side of the ship) and charge less. I would be incensed if I got one of these cabins unbeknownst to me how undesirable the balcony is.

NOPE! Same size! Its all about location,location,location!:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but you are misinformed. There ARE differences in both room and balcony sizes on the M class ships and Celebrity has finally acknowledged this with their new CC pricing. I have personally seen and/or sailed in the three sizes of CC cabins. The CC cabins on the penthouse deck have very large balconies; two of them boast wider cabins. The CC cabins on the aft/stern have enormous balconies. The rest of the CC cabins differ only by location except for the two with "pretend" verandas.

I'm sorry, but you are misinformed. There ARE differences in both room and balcony sizes on the M class ships and Celebrity has finally acknowledged this with their new CC pricing. I have personally seen and/or sailed in the three sizes of CC cabins. The CC cabins on the penthouse deck have very large balconies; two of them boast wider cabins. The CC cabins on the aft/stern have enormous balconies. The rest of the CC cabins differ only by location except for the two with "pretend" verandas.

Interesting. Which SR's are the pretend Verandas. You and Jerseygirl3 reference those two cabins. Good to know about and to avoid! Please pass us the numbers if you have them.

Denny

The really small balconies are in cabins right next to the CS's, forward, and I believe also toward the aft.

We had a CS (I think it was 8104) and looking out at that balcony in the next cabin it is impossible to get 2 chairs there.

I assume that all the cabins in these positions next to the CS's are the same.

Hello Happy! I was referring to the "new" Solstice Class ships not the sleepy Constellation!:p

Archived