Did I do the right thing?

doubletree07

She does! And, the crew and staff love seeing her beacause many of them haven't seen their own pets for so long and they are constantly stopping me to just grab a hug and a pat! Not to speak of my fellow passengers, many of whom had to leave their furbabies behind!

I'm fortunate to have a handicap that allows me to take Brenda everywhere I go. It's a joy to have her in my life!

Wish I could meet Brenda - oh and you too! LOL:)

We just came off the Diamond Princess out of Alaska. We too were very concerned about location of our cabin Lido Deck - most forward room port side - directly under the gym. We needn't have worried it was a wonderful location. Your location is probably even better as the Caribe Balconies are deeper (extend out farther). In fact our friends had their rooms on the Caribe Deck - their balcony was large enough to accomodate all 6 - sometimes 8 - of us for pre dinner cocktails. Don't worry about the "motion of the ocean" we didn't have any problems and you probably won't have either. Have a great time.

Thanks Sillysailor - Glad your cabin location turned out well. I am constantly impressed with the kindness of so many people on CC message boards. Thanks one and all!!

I was on the Sapphire when it was brand new, five years ago to this week, and we were in C117, an inside cabin. Just about as far forward as you can get. But it was a pretty smooth cruise, RT Alaska. We did have quite a trek to our dining room and up to the kids' center.

We had a cabin on the Lido Deck which was forward as well as one on the Caribe Deck last year very far forward. Both cabins were great, but we really prefer Caribe because of the larger balconies. As for motion, I really didn't notice any at all.

You are in a good spot. We were on the Diamond in C115. You will be on section further back closer to the forward elevator bank. The balconies are huge with two chairs and two lounges and a table.

The motion was not bad, and I tend to feel bad when it is rocking and that was not the case.

We were in C123 and had a wonderful experience. It was our first cruise and we had no problems w/motion sickness at all. The room was great. . it was quiet. . and the balcony was partially covered. Enjoy your trip! :)

Archived