Did I do the right thing?

doubletree07

Making myself nuts here. Initially booked a room on Sapphire Princess - Aloha deck A519. After reading numerous posts on room location, thought maybe that was a big mistake. The pool directly overhead, and Horizon Buffet as well. Seems that might be a problem with noise. Called my travel agent and she was able to switch us to the Caribe deck C219. That is way forward. To all you enlightened, helpful, awesome posters out there, will this be okay? CC message boards have been a blessing. I am fairly new to these boards and just amazed at the helpfulness and good nature of so many people. :) Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Much obliged. Marie

Caribe deck is WONDERFUL!!! They have the larger balconies. The only thing to maybe be concerned about is being forward on the ship--motion. If no one in your party really suffers from motion sickness-YOU ARE SET!!

Enjoy your cruise.

Making myself nuts here. Initially booked a room on Sapphire Princess - Aloha deck A519. After reading numerous posts on room location, thought maybe that was a big mistake. The pool directly overhead, and Horizon Buffet as well. Seems that might be a problem with noise. Called my travel agent and she was able to switch us to the Caribe deck C219. That is way forward. To all you enlightened, helpful, awesome posters out there, will this be okay? CC message boards have been a blessing. I am fairly new to these boards and just amazed at the helpfulness and good nature of so many people. :) Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Much obliged. Marie

Sounds okay to me. But, then again, I don't get motionsick. On a MR cruise, there will be motion generally on the first and last day of the cruise. Once you get to Mexican waters and the Sea of Cortez, the ride is usually very smooth.

And, I do believe that you'll have a much bigger balcony than you would have had on Aloha deck. It'll be partially covered too.

All in all, I think you made the right choice. :)

You just went from noisy to lots of motion!Bow always has alot of movement!

Caribe deck is a great location because of the larger balconies, and even though your choice is fairly far forward, I'd be more concerned if you were only a cabin or two back from the most forward.

That said, if it were me selecting a cabin in that category, I'd probably go for one aft of midship, like in the area between C701 - C723. I feel the motion is less noticeable back there.

Unless it is VERY rocky (and if it is VERY rocky, everyone will feel it to some extent), or you are very susceptible to motion sickness, you'll probably be okay. As a precaution, you might want to pack some ginger capsules and/or Sea Bands.

Sounds okay to me. But, then again, I don't get motionsick. On a MR cruise, there will be motion generally on the first and last day of the cruise. Once you get to Mexican waters and the Sea of Cortez, the ride is usually very smooth.

And, I do believe that you'll have a much bigger balcony than you would have had on Aloha deck. It'll be partially covered too.

All in all, I think you made the right choice. :)

Thanks RickEd You've been helpful.

Caribe deck is a great location because of the larger balconies, and even though your choice is fairly far forward, I'd be more concerned if you were only a cabin or two back from the most forward.

That said, if it were me selecting a cabin in that category, I'd probably go for one aft of midship, like in the area between C701 - C723. I feel the motion is less noticeable back there.

Unless it is VERY rocky (and if it is VERY rocky, everyone will feel it to some extent), or you are very susceptible to motion sickness, you'll probably be okay. As a precaution, you might want to pack some ginger capsules and/or Sea Bands.

Tried to get mid-ship on Caribe and no such luck. Guess I'll have to hope for a strong stomach and smooth sailing! Thanks much.

When are you going? I am on the Dec 5th sailing. I have a coupon more forward than you. C114. However, I do not get sea sick at all. I have also had Baja 101 on this ship which is on the bow and did not notice any really bad rocking. Of course the ship could roll on its side and I would not get sick.

Think of it this way. You will have a long walk back from the Horizon Court, which is a good way of keeping the weight off.

Shelley

When are you going? I am on the Dec 5th sailing. I have a coupon more forward than you. C114. However, I do not get sea sick at all. I have also had Baja 101 on this ship which is on the bow and did not notice any really bad rocking. Of course the ship could roll on its side and I would not get sick.

Think of it this way. You will have a long walk back from the Horizon Court, which is a good way of keeping the weight off.

Shelley

Good point Shelley - Best part of the cruise is the never ending food. LOL

We are on the Oct. 17th sailing. My birthday is Oct. 21st so I will be celebrating my special day onboard.

Tried to get mid-ship on Caribe and no such luck. Guess I'll have to hope for a strong stomach and smooth sailing! Thanks much.

I would also reccomend getting a rx from your personal M.D. called Zofran its a anti-nausea med and you can also get a Transderm Scop. its a medication patch you put behind your ear and it works fro 3 days, my Fiance used them last Feb for our 10 day cruise and had very little problems. and we were farther forward B326

The sea can be very fickle.....sometimes you will feel nothing and sometimes, you won't believe the rocking......It's all part of the fun of cruising!

Enjoy your cruise, I think you will love every moment.....no matter what the seas may bring!

Thanks wizard-of-oz. What a beautiful dog - Brenda. Labs are the best dogs in the world. I have had 2 black labs - grand-dogs I should say. They were both wonderful pets! Marie

;)

I would also reccomend getting a rx from your personal M.D. called Zofran its a anti-nausea med and you can also get a Transderm Scop. its a medication patch you put behind your ear and it works fro 3 days, my Fiance used them last Feb for our 10 day cruise and had very little problems. and we were farther forward B326

I tried that on my first cruise way back in 1992. Made me dizzy. Took it off and was fine. I'm thinking positive but will bring meds just in case.

We were just on the Sapphire in B241/B237 in Alaska. There were 2 nights when the motion got to me - but my husband and kids were fine. I tend to get motion sick pretty easily though.

I took Dramamine every single night and the first night I felt the ship rocking (would have been the Sunday night), I put on my SeaBands and felt better within about 5 minute. The second night I felt rocking (Thursday, I think?), I put my SeaBands on as a preventative measure and never had a problem.

Thanks wizard-of-oz. What a beautiful dog - Brenda. Labs are the best dogs in the world. I have had 2 black labs - grand-dogs I should say. They were both wonderful pets! Marie

Thank you, too! Yes, Brenda is an amazingly, beautifully, brilliant dog. She goes on all of our cruises and, I must say Princess treats her like a Queen!!!!

We were in B220 on the Sapphire in February for a MR cruise. We did not notice any extra movement at all (normally we select central locations). I don't think you will have any issue at all - besides the fact, that the lower you are on the ship the less the movement you feel as well, so Caribe is better than Aloha. Also, Caribe has much bigger balconies!!!!! Enjoy.

We were in B220 on the Sapphire in February for a MR cruise. We did not notice any extra movement at all (normally we select central locations). I don't think you will have any issue at all - besides the fact, that the lower you are on the ship the less the movement you feel as well, so Caribe is better than Aloha. Also, Caribe has much bigger balconies!!!!! Enjoy.

Thanks DiROn - We are anxiously awaiting October 17th

That is so sweet. Brenda must have thousands of friends.

She does! And, the crew and staff love seeing her beacause many of them haven't seen their own pets for so long and they are constantly stopping me to just grab a hug and a pat! Not to speak of my fellow passengers, many of whom had to leave their furbabies behind!

I'm fortunate to have a handicap that allows me to take Brenda everywhere I go. It's a joy to have her in my life!

We just came off the Diamond Princess out of Alaska. We too were very concerned about location of our cabin Lido Deck - most forward room port side - directly under the gym. We needn't have worried it was a wonderful location. Your location is probably even better as the Caribe Balconies are deeper (extend out farther). In fact our friends had their rooms on the Caribe Deck - their balcony was large enough to accomodate all 6 - sometimes 8 - of us for pre dinner cocktails. Don't worry about the "motion of the ocean" we didn't have any problems and you probably won't have either. Have a great time.

Archived