Palm Beach Vs. Eagle Beach

Planer's Edge

Taxi fare from the cruise terminal to the high rise resorts on Palm Beach where Roberto's is located on the beach should be $11 each way, per fare, not per person with an additional $3 each way on Sundays.

You can find taxis waiting outside the lobbies of each resort along Palm Beach. No trouble finding one to get back to the ship.

Arubalisa,

That photo looks like a nice place. Do you have the name?

We are leaving on our cruise next week and planned to go to Amsterdam Manor. I even emailed the resort and they replied saying we didn't need a reservation and to just show up. Naturally, there was no mention of having to be at a palapa far away from the water's edge. We wouldn't be too pleased with that.

If we tell the cab driver Amsterdam Manor and it doesn't work out with them, which way do we walk on the beach as we're facing the water, to find this little restaurant/bar location?

Thanks!

Taxi fare from the cruise terminal to the high rise resorts on Palm Beach where Roberto's is located on the beach should be $11 each way, per fare, not per person with an additional $3 each way on Sundays.

You can find taxis waiting outside the lobbies of each resort along Palm Beach. No trouble finding one to get back to the ship.

Thanks, Arubalisa! Do you have any info on Roberto's operation or if there is any other person you can recommend for a fishing trip.

Bob

Arubalisa,

That photo looks like a nice place. Do you have the name?

If we tell the cab driver Amsterdam Manor and it doesn't work out with them, which way do we walk on the beach as we're facing the water, to find this little restaurant/bar location?

Thanks!

That photo IS the beach bar at the Amsterdam Manor.

After reading

Was there last week and when we walked onto the beach at the Amsterdam Manor, the guy told us we could only rent the chairs at the back of the beach, which would have put us right by the road. We weren't happy with that so we just turned left and walked to the next spot over and we were able to get chairs for $6 each no problem. We had a nice palapas and were right near a little bar that also served food. We really didn't go far, we were still on the part of the beach that had tons of space. Had we kept going it looked like it got a lot more crowded with chairs, so glad we were allowed to stay there. Not one single person bugged us the whole day, not one. No hair braiding, no vendors, nobody. It was HEAVEN! There were a few other cruise passengers there also. My favorite day of the cruise.

I am a little confused myself by the post above.

Like I had said in this forum before, I had it on very good authority that the resort was going to begin to limit use of the palapas if not chaises as well in order for the resort's guests not to feel slighted. If that policy has changed I would have heard. Imo, go to the Amsterdam Manor and have a back up plan just in case. All the beaches in Aruba are public so there is nothing which would prohibit you from placing your towel down on the sand and hanging out, however you would not be allowed use of chaises and palapas unless the resort allows you to do so. If you are there say before 12/19 it may not be an issue in that it is the slowest time of the year.

Thanks, Arubalisa! Do you have any info on Roberto's operation or if there is any other person you can recommend for a fishing trip.

Bob

I had always recommended Robertos. http://www.robertoswatersports.com/ There was one post recently here however from someone who had a poor experience. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21694377&postcount=6

Archived