which cruise with kids?

happymom88

Our children are 16, 12, 9 and 5. We are trying to decide between Mariner of the Seas or Carnival Splendor. They are both Mexican Riviera cruises. I don't think my kids will be interested in the kid camp activities. I would like to know which ship would have more for my kids to do. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sorry, I haven't sailed either ship, but I'm sure the decision will be based on what activities your kids like to do. Are they the adventurous sort, the pool type, game fanatics, dancing fiends, or a combination of all of these?

Both are more similar than different...RCI has a wonderful kid's club...although the 16 year old will probably spend most of their time at the pool, checking out the opposite sex....fact of life!

Both lines have PLENTY for kids and families...Carnival has larger cabins, generally speaking...you'll most likely need 2 cabins to accomodate 5 people (and you get 2 bathrooms that way!!!! Always a plus!)

Get brochures from both cruiselines, read them, then decide!

Our children are 16, 12, 9 and 5. We are trying to decide between Mariner of the Seas or Carnival Splendor. They are both Mexican Riviera cruises. I don't think my kids will be interested in the kid camp activities. I would like to know which ship would have more for my kids to do. Thanks in advance for any info.

Both ships have pools, ping-pong, shuffle board and mini golf. The Splendor also has a water slide and a large outdoor TV screen for watching movies on the pool deck, the Mariner does not have either of these. The Mariner has an inline skate track, an ice skating rink and a rock climbing wall. The Splendor does not have any of these.

Archived