Civitavecchia grocery stores?

dumbth

I want to bring some favorite snacks and beverages (non alcohol) back on the ship - is there at least a moderate size grocery near Civitavecchia train station?

I wish I could use the grocery store below Termini train station, but I probably will leave from Ostia instead. I'm picky about old favorite brands of Italian goodies; will Civitavecchia or Ostia have any store with reasonable range of choice? tks

I want to bring some favorite snacks and beverages (non alcohol) back on the ship - is there at least a moderate size grocery near Civitavecchia train station?

I wish I could use the grocery store below Termini train station, but I probably will leave from Ostia instead. I'm picky about old favorite brands of Italian goodies; will Civitavecchia or Ostia have any store with reasonable range of choice? tks

If memory serves me correctly, leave the train station (turn right) and go to the cross street that MacDonalds is on. Turn right and go two streets. Turn left and go about 3 blocks.

anyone know if there are any stores near the port that do sell alcohol?

Not near the port, which is rather industrial. But you can hop on the port shuttle and then walk into Civitavecchia where you should be able to find wine or beer (there are grocery stores and a coop); not sure about hard liquor.

What about a deli? I want to take home some italian ham and salami , so I guess I have to buy it in Civitavecchia after we have disembarked the ship, and before we head to the airport. OR is it possible to buy it before the cruise and have RCCL store it in a cool place until the last day?

Thanks for any advice!

What about a deli? I want to take home some italian ham and salami , so I guess I have to buy it in Civitavecchia after we have disembarked the ship, and before we head to the airport. OR is it possible to buy it before the cruise and have RCCL store it in a cool place until the last day?

Thanks for any advice!

I'm not sure it is allowed (by US customs) to bring these items back. Best check to find out, otherwise it will be confiscated AND you could face a fine.

A couple of blocks up the main road from outside the port entrance, you will find a local market that I believe is open most days & sells all sorts of food, from fresh fruits to hams, cheese, desert items, etc. There are also many other local food shops about the town if you do a little walking.

enjoy

Archived