Wedding Ceremony-Better at aft pool or spa pool

kadiebug12

Just wanted to get some opinions from past Princess Cruisers. We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess, similar layout to most Grand Class Ships. We were originally planning the ceremony at the Spa Pool because that's what our wedding coordinator suggested as it's sunken in and private (they would be able to easily block it off from public). Well, yesterday, the Captain of the ship e mailed our wedding coordinator saying he didn't want to hold the ceremony there because it's too windy, he would rather do it at the Aft Pool. The Aft Pool has a gorgeous view, but with three stories of decks that look out onto it, we're worried about having any kind of privacy. What do you think would be better, Aft or Spa Pool? Does anyone remember the Spa Pool being particularly windy? What about the Aft Pool? We're thinking the Captain knows best, but just wanted to get another opinion or two.

Thanks for your opinion! Only 10 days to go!

I don't have a great answer for you but wanted to wish you well on your cruise with your wedding.

As far as your observations of the pools - I agree with you. You will have more privacy with the spa pool. I have been down there before (spa pool) and didn't notice a wind problem but am not sure if it is more wind prone.

Archived