Paid Upgrade Offer

jeda

My husband and I were offered a paid upgrade yesterday from D to A catergory, outside Main to Verandah suite on the Navigation deck. The offer is $218. pp on the Volendam departing Sept 16, Inside Passage. We are going to take this upgrade, for the veranda :) However I was at work yesterday and so by the time I got the message my TA had gone home, so sent an email that she will get first thing this morning. Hopefully it is still available this morning. This is my 5th cruise, husbands first and I have always had an outside. I think a veranda will be so nice for picture taking!

Keep your fingers crossed it is still available, thanks!

Jess

We usually get outsides as well but went with a verandah for our recent Inside Passage cruise on the Zuiderdam. We still did go out on deck for Glacier Bay etc. We loved being able to just look out from our cabin the rest of the time. I loved just being able to watch from inside the cabin as well with the full length windows. Good choice to upgrade!

We were offered an upsell from HH guarantee to B for $328 pp . Not cheap but we were thrilled to take it. This our 3rd Alaska trip and a balcony on this Alaska cruise is a joy. You can lay in bed at night and see the lights of the towns as you cruise by. It is wonderful

Jess - Now that you are in an A cabin, you will be right down the hall from us. We are on the Starboard side. We have been in the A's before and loved the location - quiet and convenient. Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise.

DaveOKC

We went from D 2628 to AA 6152 for $209 pp, yayyyyyyy!!!

Jess

Jess - Now that you are in an A cabin, you will be right down the hall from us. We are on the Starboard side.
But even numbers are Port side. :)

Good point about the numbering system - I did not see her post of the actual cabin number. In fact, the cabin number the OP mentioned is not on the Navigation deck, but rather the Veranda Deck, so I was REALLY off.

DaveOKC

Thats right it is AA on the veranda deck. The A offered yesterday, on the navigation was gone by the time I was able to get back to my TA. So we went for the AA midship on the veranda deck and are pleased as punch :)

Jess

Archived