Vantage travel and China

rosey1946

I'm thinking about taking a Vantage travel trip to China in 2010. I know they use Victoria cruise line for their 4 day river cruise as part of the trip. I'm worried about illness in China, the pace of this trip, and flights-5 within China. Any thoughts, ideas would be so appreciated.

Linda

We took a tour to China with Odysseys Unlimited, they have small groups and there are no optional tours. All the tips are included except for the main guide. It was a wonderful experience, our guide and the local guides were great and the hotels we stayed in were outstanding. It is now a 21 day tour. When we went, 2 years ago, there were 23 days. They have dropped Kumming and Lijang and added Hong Kong. They also use Victoria Cruises on the Yangtzee. I see with the new itinerary they also have 5 flights within China. We spent 2-3 days in each city. It was fast paced, but a very enjoyable trip.

I'm thinking about taking a Vantage travel trip to China in 2010. I know they use Victoria cruise line for their 4 day river cruise as part of the trip. I'm worried about illness in China, the pace of this trip, and flights-5 within China. Any thoughts, ideas would be so appreciated.

Linda

We've used Ritz for travels to the far east twice now. Very happy with both price, guides and experience, YMMV of course.

Is there a specific reason you are worried about illness in China? The river boat portion, travel in general or just the different conditions in the far east? To date on 2 family vacations and multiple business trip the only time anyone got sick was from something they ate. If you aren't experienced in the exotic or street vendors then its best to stay with the tour food. Generally they are very "western" ( boring and uninteresting ) but very very safe ;)

http://www.ritztours.com/

Happy planning

A few years ago we went with Vantage on a 23 days China trip. First time with them and I was very impressed with how the trip was handled. We had an elderly lady, who had brought her 20+ granddaughter with her, fall. Vantage Program Mgr. got her to the 1st class hospital that Embassy people use. The checked with her each day, and then flew her to catch up with us the day we boarded for our river cruise. Program Mgs can be different but our was outstanding. The flights were no problem, although weather kept us on the ground for 5 hrs in Bejing for our flight to Xian. Otherwise the weather was good. Hotels we stayed in were 4 or 5 star. We went on another tour with Vantage on HAL, sailed from Rio to Santiago. Vantage Program Mgr was very good there also.

Archived