Celebrity Solstice/Equinox - Dining included in price?

alis80b

Hi,

Apologies if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it anywhere! We have booked to sail on the Celebrity Equinox in March 2010. It is only our second cruise and first with Celebrity. We sailed on Adventure of the seas earlier this year.

I would like to know which dining options are included in the price of the cruise! I have searched for ages on the Celebrity website but have found limited information. All it says is includes most meals and some drinks!! Not very clear! I know that there are speciality restaurants on board which require booking in advance and carry a charge (Silk Harvest, Murano, Tuscan Grille) and of course meals in the main dining room and buffet restaurant are included in the price of the cruise.

What about the Cafe al bacio? do the coffees, ice creams etc. carry an extra charge?

and the Mast Bar and Grill? Poolside meals?

and also The Bistro on Five? it says it serves sandwiches, salads and crepes! Are these an additional charge?

And also the room service! With Royal Caribbean, room service was included in the price but there was a service charge!.

I would really appreciate information from anyone who has cruised on the Solstice ships before!

Thank you so much!

By the way...... I am not obsessed with food, just like to know my options! LOL :)

Alison

Hi Alison - Cafe Al Bacio does carry a charge for the coffees and teas. (The iced tea is wonderful and presentation is pretty neat). However, there is not a charge for the sandwiches and pastries. The gelato place (I forgot the name of it) across from Cafe Al Bacio does charge for the delicious gelato.

Bistro on Five has a $5 charge, and you can order as much as you like. There is not a charge for food at the poolside eateries.

I don't believe that there's a charge for room service, but I'm not positive.

If you are booked in a suite on Solstice, you get a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant for 7 day cruises, 2 dinners for longer cruises. Enjoy Solstice, she's a beautiful ship.

Patty

Hi Alison

I will try to aswer all your questions, we were on the Solstice in Mar. & there is no charge of course in the MDR. Bistro on five had a $5. charge.

Cafe el baco charges for the speciatly coffee's or teas but not for the tarts, cakes & cookies that went with them, for the Gelato there is also a charge but you can get ice cream or frozen yogurt free of charge up in the Oceanview cafe.

Room service was free when we were there, any bar will charge for a soft drink or alcoholic drink & add 15% gratuity automatically.

As you have already stated the specialy restaurants have a charge.

You will have a great time though & Cafe el baco has great capuccino's.

Enjoy

Shirley

And also the room service! With Royal Caribbean, room service was included in the price but there was a service charge!.

It looks like you are getting your Solstice questions answered... I just want to correct this statement so that people that don't know better won't take it at face value. Royal Caribbean only charges a service fee (which includes tip) for late night room service orders which on the ships we've been on has been after midnight and before 5:30 am. The other 18.5 hours or so a day there is no charge.

Thanks a lot for all your help! I don't know why Celebrity don't put this information on their website!! I do find the website very vague at times!

Unfortunately we couldn't stretch to a Suite (we go on too many holidays each year to afford that!!) We have just have a normal veranda stateroom!!

I'm really looking forward to this cruise! Not too sure about the lawn area yet or what to do on it, but i'm sure i'll find it a novelty when i'm there!

As for Royal Caribbean, we only ordered room service once and if i remember correctly it was after midnight (an early evening nap turned into a full on sleep and we missed dinner!!!) That would explain the service charge! Sorry if what I wrote was misleading!

We both really enjoyed the food on Adventure of the Seas! I know some people moan about it but we didn't have any complaints! If Celebrity is as good we'll be happy! (Gutted there's no Johnny Rockets onboard though!! :( LOL!)

Thanks again for your responses!!

Alison

We've never had a charge for room service on X even at 3 am. However I do tend to tip the person that brings it in the middle of the night a bit extra for I know they have a full workday the next day!

I would agree with that! I never object to tipping room service even if a service charge was included!

Having just returned from a cruise on the Solstice (first time on Celebrity) I would recommend the Murano restuarant but in the main dining room, Epernay, the food is poor.

If you eat meat you will be better catered for than myself, I don't eat meat but love fish and seafood. However, nearly every seafood dish has a meat element! The vegetable soups also have a meat base which is totaly incomprehensible. The executive chef and restaurant manager had no control over the menu which is controlled by Celebrity HQ.

The buffet restaurant is also an excellent venue.

Archived