What is your cruise critic style?

I run hot and cold. I'll check several times a day for a while and then see too much repetition of questions and answers and stop for a time - but eventually I always come back to CC. As my next cruise approaches my interest increases.

When I have an upcoming cruise (I cruise a grand total of once per year!), I'll usually check these boards regularly, and I especially had a great time getting to know fellow cruisers on last year's Liberty OTS cruise through the M&M thread. Then, after a cruise, I'll write a review, check the boards occasionally to offer advice (mostly worthless), then stay away for months at a time when the Post Cruise Depression sets in!

Funny note: another board I signed up for sends me e-mails when I go a month without signing in: "Dear {Name}, we miss you"!

I'm on every day I'm able. I just returned from a trip to New Hampshire - hiking, kayaking...no internet. So I've been away for several days.

I typically check-in while eating lunch at work. If it's really busy, I sometimes don't have time for lunch or CC.

I always have an upcoming cruise. It may be a year or more away sometimes, or even just in the planning stages, but I'm ALWAYS in cruise mode!

If I'm away for a while, I don't typically go back too far to read old threads, assuming those questions have already been answered.

I love hopping onto the cruise critic boards even if I am not getting ready for a cruise. It is so informative and everyone is so helpful and pleasant. I try to go on everyday at least twice a day but sometimes can only get on in the morning.

I wish I could help out more people with my opinions but half the time by the time I read one, 35 people have already answered and I have the same response as 10 other people so I don't bother.

I enjoy cruise critic!!!

Have a good day.

I am a total cruise and CC addict.

My 5 year old DD has will celebrate her 6th birthday on the 3 night disney cruise and that will be her 5th cruise, lol. PSsst- it's a surprise....

I'm on CC in the morning over breakfast, then usually at lunch like now and check late at night before bed. i don't usually post a lot, especially if I can't add any new info like others have already noted on this thread (hmmm, what was I just saying...), but I do love getting lots of tips and ideas, not to mention meeting great people both here and then on board at the meet and mingles.

Wendy

We only cruise once a year and it used to be pure torture reading about others looking forward to their cruises after we got off and had near a year to go so I only read and posted for maybe about half of a year (3-4 months before and 1-2 after). For whatever reason I never quit reading after our last cruise and we are only 7 and a half weeks from our cruise.

I am usually more active on the M&M threads (I've been known to design banners and personalized magnet door signs for any of the M&M group who want one) or on the Disabled board but I love to read this board and have gained much information over the years.

We are all in good company. :)

I have only been on about 4 of the boards, and RCI board is my favorite.

Although still a newbie to CC, the learning curve journey has been fun and humorous, and by no means complete. I am sure that I will continue to use wrong terminology, abbreviations, etc. I have learned, and am still learning what topics to avoid.

I still chuckle to myself when I think about the humor of

"here we go again" or the endearing/sarcastic term "rookie"

After 8 months of checking everyday, I am on the fringe now,

not sure if I will be able to stop checking everyday.

Even though I am a newbie, I miss Chris.

Does he go away every summer, and then resurface?

Our next cruise is not till next June, so I check these boards about once a week, if that. As the cruise gets closer, check more frequent.

Subscribe to "Roll Calls".

I find it is pretty much the same subjects over and over again, with an occasional new news worth knowing about.

I also found there is as much DIS-information given here than there is good information.

I always check first thing in the morning then

several times during the day. Occasionally

post a review or if a question has not been

answered will try to help if I can.

Oddly enough, this does help with my PCD

which Iam now in the throes of. No sense

ignoring the problem. Planning

the next one through the information on these

boards helps get me through.

I, too, am an addict. Here every morning Monday - Friday. Mostly lurking, won't answer questions that have already been answered unless I can offer a different perspective or a light-hearted comment. Will post more frequently on a roll call for an upcoming cruise. I really enjoy all of the comments from the community and have learned a lot from this site.

My partner and I are both registered. Neither one of us posts very often. He follows the boards more closely than I do, but always lets me know when something interesting shows up. We both begin to read and post more frequently when we have a cruise coming up--it's part of the pre-cruise excitement. This has been a good resource, but we also know to check stuff out if it sounds a bit questionable.

Our next cruise is the Enchantment in 56 days, so you might see me around a little more...

I am hopelessly addicted.

I have a month off my #1 job and if I didn't have a #2 job I'd be here all hours.

I never even close the page, just leave it right there so I don't waste time getting back to CC. Even with no cruise planned I'm still here. I really do have more to my life than CC!!!!

I really enjoy new cruisers and their questions, they seem to be so much more excited than us "oldies". It makes me remember the anticipation we had for our first couple of cruises :)

I had been off these boards for two years as we have been traveling on the road the last two years. Then I got the urge to cruise again in June and I have been on quite frequently.

I'm on the computer most of the day, after I get my chores done.

Archived