Pacific Princess v Azamara.

goody1

Hi,

My wife and I have just returned from a Baltic cruise on HAL with the Eurodam which we loved and have now started research for next years cruise.

We have always wanted to visit Israel and Egypt and the Pacific Princess visits both in two itineraries next July.

We loved the Azamara Quest and are looking for opinions, positive or negative with regards to the Pacific Princess.

Thanks..

Hi,

My wife and I have just returned from a Baltic cruise on HAL with the Eurodam which we loved and have now started research for next years cruise.

We have always wanted to visit Israel and Egypt and the Pacific Princess visits both in two itineraries next July.

We loved the Azamara Quest and are looking for opinions, positive or negative with regards to the Pacific Princess.

Thanks..

Nothing negative. Nada. I've spent 112 days on the Pacific.

Hi Goody....

Well, I have spent quite a bit of time on the Pacific Princess and just returned in June...almost 50 days

I absolutely love the size of the ship.

I took extensive pictures while onboard and I will provide a link below for you to view them

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Pacific_Princess_Alaska.html

My DH and I are booked on Azamara Journey for the Holy Land Cruise, we are actually doing a b2b for 24 days.

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Our_2010_Adventure.html

I have never sailed on AZ, but have been doing extenisve research

This is what I discovered.

AZ had better port times for us, versus Princess with the similiar Holy Land itinerary

AZ was significantly less

AZ does not have formal night and I like the idea of how they do dining,

especially with luggage wieght limitations

AZ smoking policy

AZ the ship decor looks stunning, I think I will like it better than Princess even though I do like Princess

AZ provides binonculars, umbrellas

AZ will allow me transfer my Celebrity Elite Status to them.

cons..

I won't get my Princess benefits of laundry and dry cleaning

No laughing matter - well not for me!

Just looking into exactly the same comparison. But if you are elite members on princess you get the laundry and on cruises over 14 nights that makes a big difference!

cheers Teresa

It certainly does. I will soon have to start packing for 34 days and what will be two distinctly different itineraries. Cold to hot. I wouldn't be able to manage w/o laundry.

Yes ladies, this will be a version of roughing it for 24 days! hahahahaha

GOODY...

I also wanted to add after studying Azamara deck plans, website etc.

I want to point out that on AZ right next to the shops they have a lovely area (it appears) to sit down and have a pastry, maybe listen to music ~ i wonder if that harp is for decoration.

Anyway, Princess doesn't have that..that is where the Future Cruise Consultant is located

cons..

Which is worth about $10 per person per day, not a whole lot when you consider the price of the entire cruise. Maybe Azamara will recognize X's new Elite benefits of free drinks in the evening. Again, not enough to clinch the decision either way.

Which is worth about $10 per person per day, not a whole lot when you consider the price of the entire cruise. Maybe Azamara will recognize X's new Elite benefits of free drinks in the evening. Again, not enough to clinch the decision either way.

Totally agree, that's why we have BOOKED 24 days onboard the Journey next year!

Hi Goody....

Well, I have spent quite a bit of time on the Pacific Princess and just returned in June...almost 50 days

I absolutely love the size of the ship.

I took extensive pictures while onboard and I will provide a link below for you to view them

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Pacific_Princess_Alaska.html

My DH and I are booked on Azamara Journey for the Holy Land Cruise, we are actually doing a b2b for 24 days.

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Our_2010_Adventure.html

I have never sailed on AZ, but have been doing extenisve research

This is what I discovered.

AZ had better port times for us, versus Princess with the similiar Holy Land itinerary

AZ was significantly less

AZ does not have formal night and I like the idea of how they do dining,

especially with luggage wieght limitations

AZ smoking policy

AZ the ship decor looks stunning, I think I will like it better than Princess even though I do like Princess

AZ provides binonculars, umbrellas

AZ will allow me transfer my Celebrity Elite Status to them.

cons..

Great photos! The decor is very similar to Azamara.

We found the food in the main dining room ok, however very good in Aqualina and Prime C where the only cost is a suggested $5 pp gratuity. The area beside the shops is the Cova Cafe for speciality coffees, pastries etc. I remember a young woman playing the harp once there, however it was more common for someone to play the piano or even a guitar there. Its a very nice place to spend half an hour or so.

Princess must have raised their costs recently by a considerable margin recently, as last year Azamara were more expensive.

We also found staff on board to be very friendly and service to be of a high standard.

Archived