What's A 'Journey"

cruiseathon

I'm thinking of being adventurous and picking a cruise in the Far East. Seabourn have a good range of itineraries available, but many involve a 'Journey', see http://www.seabourn.com/PlanACruise/Search/index.cfm?CruiseID=PRI100504 for an example. What exactly happens on these 'Journeys', expecially the XINGANG,CHINA-BEIJING journey mentioned?

Thanks

>50 people have read this and no one has commented. I checked the web site and also have no idea. Just call Seabourn as recommended and ask away. Or have your TA do it. I have never been to the Far East. Have you been on Seabourn before? It is a wonderful experience and I know that what they provide, tour-wise, is of high quality. If a cruise to the Far East is on your wish list, I say go for it. The Pride is a real favorite here on the CC BB.

In this case, I believe, the journey to Beijing from Tianjin, the port where the ship will dock, is an overnight trip to the city where hotels and meals are included. Whether it's in the middle of the cruise or at the end this is done because the port is a two and a half to three hour drive from Beijing and taking you there overnight will give you the chance to experience more of the city.

I believe that if you go to Seabourn's website, and click on Destinations, and then Asia, there will be several choices and one of those is "journeys". It appears that a description of the land journey is shown and which cruises a specific land journey can be attached to.

Thanks all for your help, especially CCKelly who pointed me to the Destinations/Asia/Journeys section of Seabourn's website. After further reading there I've found out it means you fly into Beijing for a three night mini-tour of China (Great Wall and Forbidden City included) before flying over to Xingang for embarkation. Sounds excellent, but perhaps rather too long cooped up in a coach.

Hi there, when looking at it I was not sure if you had the option to stay on board rather than doing the land tour. Have to say I book a cruise because I love being on water and on Seabourn. If I book a 'land trip' its because I really want to go somewhere.

I live in Hong Kong so easy for me to say as these places are so close and China is a very interesting place.

If you live the other side of the world it does make it an interesting trip, but do check if you can stay on board as an option?

Enjoy it would be a fun experience

The author suggests that a three day tour of Beijing would involve too much time cooped in a coach. You may be in a coach, but it is well worth it if you haven't been there. The two places mentioned are beautiful and not to be missed in a life time. The Forbidden City is probably a 3 hour tour and is in the heart of Beijing. The time at the Great Wall depends on which part of the

Great Wall is visited. Again a place to see! There are many places to see in Beijing and just watching the street scenes is amazing. I am sure they will offer a rickshaw ride of the old city/hutong neighborhoods. Again an amazing experience.

Take advantage of this opportunity even if it sounds expensive as you will never forget it.

Archived