Costa Rica side tours

dancing

We're going in Jan. and we're going on the Jungle Pontoon Adventure through Princess and I have heard it is great. I like slow boats and not too much walking for my husband. We booked the earliest tour as we hear the birds and animals go into the jungle after seeing a few tourist boats. Sue

Was on the Coral in 11/04---we did the Sloth sanctuary tour---I think it is good but not great. Was very interesting and the wildlife and scenery were nice. When I was in Costa Rica [land tour] in 2000 I was in Tortuguero for a few days and would highly recommend the Tortuguero canal cruises---just fabulous scenery and wildlife!!

I agree with the other posters. We were on the Coral for the 12/10-12/20 cruise and took the Cost Rica's Favorites tour (arial tram and Tortugero Canal cruise). The tram was peaceful and pretty, but no wildlife except a few butterflies and an Eyelash Pit Viper in a garden near the tram station (pretty interesting!). A very good gift shop at the tram (not any other shopping time since this is an all day tour). The cruise was the highlight - all the wildlife mentioned above! Our guide was top notch! I posted a full review and a thread on the trip.

Have a great cruise!

Mike

We did the Rain Forest Tour and loved it! Lots enjoyed the Canal Trip....ziplining should be fun....would probably do now that I have been to Costa Rica.

When I get to Costa Rica again, I'd love to try that ziplining. I think the same folks who run Costa Rica Bungee (yeah, I did that on my last trip) have a ziplining tour as well. Wonder if there's any weight limits on the ziplining though? I weigh about 180 pounds ... which can balloon up to nearly 190 on a good cruise. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I see you everywhere Kyros(I think I spend too much time online and on this board) On Ziplining, there is no wieght limit that I know. I did it last year with a group and one of the guys had to be 250lbs. I was 175 pounds at the time and it just made me go faster - wheeeeeeee. You have to do it, a major rush

Archived