Good tour company for Paris???

TBSCruiser

You are looking for 1,2,3 days? tours of Paris? Day trips to Normandy, Loire Valley?

If just tour of Paris there is always Bateaux Mouches or other Seine River cruises and for the city the HOHO buses. (red IIRC).

Most people with the time line up what they want to see and use public transportation to get around. The Metro in Paris is perhaps the easiest that I have ever used and I used it before I learned any French.

If you do need a tour, an idea of what you had in mind will help people come up with a recommendation.

You are looking for 1,2,3 days? tours of Paris? Day trips to Normandy, Loire Valley?

If just tour of Paris there is always Bateaux Mouches or other Seine River cruises and for the city the HOHO buses. (red IIRC).

Most people with the time line up what they want to see and use public transportation to get around. The Metro in Paris is perhaps the easiest that I have ever used and I used it before I learned any French.

If you do need a tour, an idea of what you had in mind will help people come up with a recommendation.

Yes sorry I should have been more specific, I need for a couple of days a private company that will take 1 family (4 people) around Paris to all the main sites, they would prefer someone takes them around, any reccommendations of a reputable company. They also may want to go to some of the surrounding areas but haven't decided yet.

Keep in mind that Paris is a very easy city to do on your own by simply walking and using the Metro for longer distances (such as Eiffel Tower to Notre Dame). If you do try to hire a guide, expect to pay hundreds of dollars per day for somebody to walk you around and probably take you on the same metros. Nobody likes to drive in Paris (even the Parisians) since parking is such a hassle.

Hank

I agree with Hank. Just returned from Paris. The best tour company is a map or guide book and good walking shoes. No, really. If you get tired, use the metro and or botabus. VERY VERY easy to do. In the 6 days we were there, we walked everywhere and took the metro once, the botabus once (to get the ambiance of floating down the Seine... ps. do this at sunset... breathtaking), and the train to and from Versailles. Once again, really easy to do. Enjoy.

the rest of the world would love finding their way around, but not these people. They are quite wealthy and would rather have someone bring them around and not have to worry about the where or how? So any reccomendations for a good private tour guide???

Archived