??Time Zone Changes on a Western Caribbean Cruise??

Jaymee287

:confused: this is making my head spin!!! These are the times we will be at the locations. Can someone please make a note somewhere explaining what the ship time would be and what the port time will be at the stop. Also has anyone visited Chankanaab Park in Cozumel?? We are there 10-6 is that enough time to swim with the dolphins snorkel and snuba we want to utilize our time wisely....so figure in one stop and then chill on the beach. Please post my time change issue and if you have info on the park. Thanks

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

Sunday 6-6-10 depart Tampa 4pm

Florida is on Eastern Daylight Time, Ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

Monday 6-7-10 Day at Sea

The ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

Tuesday 6-8-10 Grand Cayman, Cayman Ilsands 7-4

The Cayman Islands are on Eastern Standard Time, The ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

Subtract one hour to change from ship time to local time (6-3)

Wednesday 6-9-10 Cozumel, Mexico 10-6

Cozumel is on Central Daylight Time, The ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

Subtract one hour to change from ship time to local time (9-5)

Thursday 6-10-10 Belize 8-5

Belize is on Central Standard Time, The ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

Subtract two hours to change from ship time to local time (6-3)

Friday 6-11-10 Isla Roatan 8-3

Honduras is on Central Standard Time, The ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

Subtract two hours to change from ship time to local time (6-1)

Saturday 6-12-10 Day at Sea

The ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

Sunday 6-13-10 return to Tampa 8am

Florida is on Eastern Daylight Time, Ship is on Eastern Daylight Time

:eek:PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND :eek: lol

I hope this helps, it is as clear as I can make it. It is a good idea to know both ship and local time. Watches can be lost or stolen, even stop at the least opportune times. have a great trip.

So when the ship arrives at Belize and Honduras at 6:00 AM their time, it's most likely dark. I'm waiting until daylight to exit at those places!

Sunrise and sunset data for June - 2010

Belize City, Belize: June 10, 2010 Sunrise 5:20 AM, Sunset 6:29 PM

San Pedro Sula, Honduras: June 11, 2010 Sunrise 5:21 AM, Sunset 6:23 PM

San Pedro Sula is the closest I can find to Roatan. The difference should be about a minute.

Source

Thanks. It gets daylight early there.

Yep, that's because they don't mess with their clocks.

The sun rises 6 hours 40 minutes before noon and sets 6 hours 30 minutes after noon. That makes noon, mid-day :eek:

Remarkable! :D

yst347 THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I greatly appreciate the breakdown :)!!! So that means when we get off the ship we will have to wait for vendors to be open if it's 6 am there? I'm not quite understanding how the excursions will work..............:confused: As I said before we have never cruised before and we will be without parents and no boyfriends as well so I'm nervous and I'm sure the other 2 girls are as well.

Did you take this exact cruise? Which excursions did you choose if any? Please include other helpful information.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

So when the ship arrives at Belize and Honduras at 6:00 AM their time, it's most likely dark. I'm waiting until daylight to exit at those places!

It is not dark when you arrive. It is well after sunrise, by the time you can get off the ship.

Yep, that's because they don't mess with their clocks.

The sun rises 6 hours 40 minutes before noon and sets 6 hours 30 minutes after noon. That makes noon, mid-day :eek:

Remarkable! :D

The closer you are to the equator, the more even sunset and sunrise are.

For the opposite effect (being far from the equator) ask your average Alaskan. ;)

The closer you are to the equator, the more even sunset and sunrise are.

For the opposite effect (being far from the equator) ask your average Alaskan. ;)

That's the main reason most Caribbean port call's do not observe Daylight Saving Time. Some do observe DST however such as most, though not all Mexican ports.

I'm always amused when this topic comes up. The "you stay on ship time" response is often thundered but it doesn't answer what most people are asking. Most private vendors know when each ship ariives and sails, and know what time they use but it is still wise for passengers to know not just ship time but port time also and the difference (if any) between them.

Archived