dress code on caribbean princess

mema8673

I am going on the cb on 8/22. Friends of ours just got back and were not happy with the dress code. They said no shorts in dining room at lunch. I can see dinner, but lunch? And does anyone know if in the anytime dining jackets are required for formal night? Also they said they watched the same show 3x. Has anyone been on this ship recently and if so did you experience the same thing.

I am going on the cb on 8/22. Friends of ours just got back and were not happy with the dress code. They said no shorts in dining room at lunch. I can see dinner, but lunch? And does anyone know if in the anytime dining jackets are required for formal night? Also they said they watched the same show 3x. Has anyone been on this ship recently and if so did you experience the same thing.

A bit confused here but shorts ARE allowed in the dining room for lunch, just as they have always been.

Anytime dining has the exact same suggested dress code as traditional dining. The only difference is you don't have an assigned table and the same server each night. Menus are the same, just the assigned seating is different. Tradional vs anytime dining has absolutely nothing to do with the suggested dress in either dining room, as they are both identical.

Yes, Princess is now repeating shows so it is possible they saw the same show several times. Too small of a theater to allow everyone on these large ships to see the show in just two seatings.

We wore shorts in the dining room at lunch time on the CB last May. I never saw any notices about not wearing shorts, and many others were.

Yes, the main shows frequently played on more than one night. We actually liked this, as it gave us multiple chances to catch a show. There was a lot of good entertainment on our cruise, and we liked having more than one chance to see a show.

We had the anytime dining, and there were men in the dining room without jackets on formal nights. Everyone looked neat and nice, but some were more casual than others.

Shorts are always allowed at lunch. We were aboard the Caribbean Princess in July and wore shorts to lunch every day. Hmmmm... and the shows are usually repeated just once (early and late shows one night and then once again on another night).

Hmmm... "I am going on the cb on 8/22...." Wow, very astute first time poster who knows what "cb" stands for! Hmmm.... dress code topic for a first time poster. Yes, very astute indeed. :) By the way, what is an "anytime dining jacket"? I am not sure what you are asking?

Yes you can wear shorts in the dining room for lunch. We did it this past May. There is no difference in the suggested dress for anytime dining. It is exactly the same as traditional dining.

BTW, Princess began to repeat some shows throughout the cruise because there were so many complaints about not everyone being able to see the shows due to the small size of the theater. Now there are plenty of complaints about the shows being repeated. I guess you just can't please everyone! :rolleyes: There are so many options for entertainment in the evenings that I just can't understand what the big deal is. :confused:

I was on the ship 2 weeks ago. Some people wore shorts in the dining room at lunch time. Any time dining had the same dress code as fixed seating, so jackets on formal nights. I didn't notice any one in the dining room without a jacket on formal nights, but I doubt they would have kicked them out.

Keep in mind that you can always have dinner at the Horizon Court - Cafe Caribe if you want to dress casually on formal nights.

The production show was repeated 3 nights and most other shows were comedians. But it could already be different now.

Enjoy your vacation. Were were with a 4 year old and their kids club was awesome.

unless they LOVED it?

We were on CB 7/26-8/4.

We only went to one production show and wished we had had the time to get to the others.

While Piano Man was pleasant, I would never bother to see it again.

We did see all three comedians and also a midnight show of two of them together (ADULTS ONLY). We missed the female magician that everyone said was excellent.

In the dining rooms, shorts were allowed at lunch.

Was your friend wearing a bathing suit and assumed it was the same as shorts? While some men's bathing suits can look like regular shorts, some are clearly not.

Regarding jackets, no jackets in the main dining rooms on formal night- glad to say- I was not paying attention to what anyone else wore.

Bernadette

Were your friends actually turned away? Or did they perhaps just misunderstand something they read (i.e., that the dining rooms do not allow shorts at dinner)? If they were turned away, maybe there was some other issue (for example, did they just put on shorts over a bathing suit with no top?).

The dress code for the Anytime Dining rooms is the same as for Traditional Dining rooms.

Yes, they repeat shows to give everyone a chance to see them, but there is always something else being offered at the same time, so it's not the ONLY thing to choose from. If your friends saw the same show 3x, they obviously weren't reading their Patter very closely....

Archived