Constellation April 2005 Suggestions

gerty1970

Hello to all of you! I've enjoyed stumbling upon this site and reading much of your valuable info on cruising! I'd like to ask for some help myself. :)

My best friend and I will be sailing on the Constellation in April. We would like to avoid the ship excursions and use the private tour companies on each island. Does anyone have any prior experiences or suggestions for any of these ports? Our port of call are: Casa D Campo, Dominican Rep,

Bridgetown, Barbados, St. George'S, Grenada, St. Johns, Antigua, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas.

Any other suggestions, ideas, helpful hints for this ship/cruise would be great! This is my third cruise, but my friends first! She is actually leaving her husband and kids home, so I'm hoping to that this will be a trip she will truly remember!

Thanks in advance for your help!

~g

Hi:) Just returned from that cruise.......

Had a wonderful time:D

I can give you a suggestion for Barbados....though it was through the ship...it was FABULOUS...we went to Harrison Caves and Andromeda Botantical Gardens....I must say it was one of the best excursions I have ever taken!

I hope you have a fantastic cruise:) ....you must go to the Martini Bar....it is wonderful in there....we had a group from our ROLL CALL who met there every night before dinner!

It was my first time on Constellation and I had the best week!!!

But I do agree with Rosie...you might want to check the Ports of Call Board as well.

Hello Gerty, and welcome to this board.

I also would suggest that you try the Ports of Call - there is a lot of information on exactly what you are looking for.

We cruised on the Constellation in the beginning of this month and our intinerary was a little different. We booked Lawrence of Antigua (25USD p/p for about 6/7 hour tour) and had a wonderful tour and some time on the beach. There were a lot of taxis at similar price to take where you wanted to go and do.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wes

Archived