RCI Shuttles from Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Thanks everyone!!! all the information provided has been helpful. I thought I was going with the cocoa beach shuttle, but they haven't called me back or emailed me yet. Like James said it may just be easier to go with RCI transfers after all

Thanks everyone!!! all the information provided has been helpful. I thought I was going with the cocoa beach shuttle, but they haven't called me back or emailed me yet. Like James said it may just be easier to go with RCI transfers after all

Have a great vacation :)

I never recommend using the RCI shuttles. Cocoa Beach Shuttle is the way to go. They are right there. You just get in their shuttlebus and go.

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle for our recent Freedom cruise. Much better than the rccl shuttle....no big bus, can schedule your own pick ups and leave much earlier from port canaveral than the rccl and much cheaper.

Have a great vacation :)

Thanks, I didn't think I was going on vacation at all this year at all !!!:( but the price on the Monarch was too good to pass up and flights were reasonable.:D

Thanks again...for everyones input....I'm still considering Cocoa beach shuttle, once I here back from them and get it squared away I feel much better

Thanks, I didn't think I was going on vacation at all this year at all !!!:( but the price on the Monarch was too good to pass up and flights were reasonable.:D

I thought the same thing. It will be our first time in an inside cabin, but heck I'd sleep in the engine room if the price was right!:eek:

Our flight is at 11:50 out of Orlando, with renting a car I figure we'll still be there by 10:15. It's only 45 min to 1 hr to the airport.

After reading this, I had to add my 2 cents. We were also on the Aug 2 Freedom. 3 ships got into port that day. It was by far the easiest disembarkment we have been on...(15 cruises). With regard to rental cars..if you are going to do something in Orlando, obviously rent a car. But if you solely want transportation to the airport, Cocoa Beach Shuttle is fine. Family of 6 transported each way for $110 incl tip. Much cheaper than RCI. Also...we originally booked an afternoon return. But we changed this because Freedom allows express departure as early as 6AM and everyone is off the ship by about 9:30. We changed our flight to 10AM and were at the airport by 7:40. I am not advocating anything crazy like 8AM flights, but wanted all to know that in spite of its size, Freedom and Port Canaveral are different than getting off in Miami. A 10:30 or 11AM flight is EASY.

I thought the same thing. It will be our first time in an inside cabin, but heck I'd sleep in the engine room if the price was right!:eek:

Our flight is at 11:50 out of Orlando, with renting a car I figure we'll still be there by 10:15. It's only 45 min to 1 hr to the airport.

Have a great time...We were lucky enough to get an SO!!!, we booked an outside guarantee!!!! If the price is right I would sleep in the engine room too!!!!

I just don't want to do the car thing again, we needed to rent a car when we had 6 of us and it was ok... we had time after the cruise before our flights to explore ( I think we ended up seeing a movie????). This time just no time to do anything and it seems to be more of a hassle to me.

Thats what I was thinking about the car rental...Too much work to get to the airport

I requested info from Cocoa Beach Shuttle...Thanks...maybe that will work as I'm not really worried about the timing.

We just came off the Freedom this past Sunday, and part of our group drove down and the others flew. We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle for them. It was very reasonable and they were very good to work with. They called the night before their flight to confirm again and give instructions. My husband just had to call them when the flight landed and they told him where to meet them.

After the cruise, he was just to call to let them know that he was getting off the ship and they were there when he got outside. I would definitely recommend them.

Did you e-mail them or call them? I would definitely call them, or call them again, if that's the case. We've been cruising with RCI for almost 25 years, and as I said in my first post.....rarely EVER recommend taking the RCI transfers.

A 10:30 or 11AM flight is EASY.

In most cases, yes. However if your luggage takes 45 min to come off the carousel, if one of your car rental shuttle drivers calls in sick, if your car rental office runs out of cars, it is a little more difficult. (yes, all those things happened to me).

I'm all set.... I talked with cocoa beach shuttled and they seem to have it together just fine:) Round trip transfer for 2 are 104.00 with the cruise critic discount...and I'm happy with that. Also...they did say the would call and confirm with me the day before I travel, and there will be plenty of shuttles at the port starting at 7:30 am.

I see there has been many replies to my original posting. While the general consensus is that non-RCI shuttles are less expensive, what exactly does RCI charge for their shuttle from the port to Orlando airport fro 2 adults and 2 teenagers?

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle for our group of 15 last year and they were great to work with.

RCI charges $36 per person for their shuttle from Port Canaveral to Orlando International airport. As others have said, RCI will wait for the bus to fill up before leaving. Our last experience (in MIA) had us waiting just over an hour for the bus to fill before leaving for the airport.

We (8 in total) are cruising in October on the Monarch and have booked our transportation to and from the airport with: Orlando Transportation & Tours Inc. They are charging $30 pp round trip, including tax and tolls.

Has anyone ever used them?

Archived