Mariner cabin comparable to Princess Mini Suite

Looking at booking the Mariner of the Seas. For anyone who has stayed in a mini-suite on the Sapphire Princess what category cabin (possibly Jr. Suite on the Mariner?) would be comparable and which cabin set up did/do you like best and why?

Thanks

Looking at booking the Mariner of the Seas. For anyone who has stayed in a mini-suite on the Sapphire Princess what category cabin (possibly Jr. Suite on the Mariner?) would be comparable and which cabin set up did/do you like best and why?

Thanks

My inlaws were aboard a newer Princess ship not long ago, and were comparing the mini suite.......to the JS on one of the larger RCCL ships, and said that the JS was about 50 feet larger.........and the way it was configured..........felt much larger.

That's just one persons opinion!!

Rick

We were not on the Sapphire, however, we've been in the mini-suites on Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess. The Junior Suite on the Voyager/Navigator will be the most compatable in my opinion.

However, the Junior Suite is wider by at least 50 feet than the Mini-Suite. Princess mini-suites are longer and have a longer balcony. The Dolphin decks on Princess are wide open to your neighbors above, Junior Suite balconies are not! The bathrooms are probably the most similar with the Princess tub a tad bit longer than the tub in a Junior Suite.

Honestly if we could have the Junior Suite bed area with the Princess bathroom-it would be perfect!;)

The JS on Mariner is far nicer than the Sapphire minisuite IMHO. The JS has a walk-in closet, a lovely sitting area with a sofa or loveseat and a great comfy chair with an ottoman and the full bathroom. And rumor has it that there's now a coffeemaker (I can confirm that in a few weeks).

I've never noticed that a Princess bathtub is longer, but the bathroom isn't a big deal to me until you're talking about a whirlpool tub.:)

On the other hand, the Diamond Princess (Sapphire's twin sister, so I'm going to assume they are nearly identical) is a much nicer ship overall than Mariner. IMHO, of course.

I had a mini-suite on Golden Princess and junior suite on Mariner, and I have to say that Mariner wins hands down for space.

The Princess minis are long and narrow. The space between the end of the bed and the wall was very small, with only enough room for one person to walk through at a time.

The JS had plenty of space to roam around, walk-in closet, and a hot pot with tea (and I hear coffeemakers now!)

The balcony was also a bit larger than Princess. I didn't feel that the bathroom on Princess was that much larger than Mariner, but the layout is different.

I have a mini on Golden for two weeks to Hawaii. I know I will enjoy it, but I am sure I will be comparing it to Mariner's JS........

I feel the RCI D cabins on the Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships are more similar to mini-suites on Princess. Jr. Sts. are quite a bit larger than Princess' minis. I do NOT like the balcony cabins on Princess, as there is no real sitting area. D cabins have a full size sofa with a coffee table and end tables.

Archived