Drinks on Carnival...Your Pics, Favs, Recipes, Advice

sharecruises

Hi...

Sept 3 is fast approaching and I am starting to get excited

For me the cruise really begins when I get my first "Miami Vice"

Carnival does them so well...1/2 Pina Colada, 1/2 Strawberry Daq

with the cherry/Pineapple and little umbrella...yum

what is your fav Carnival mixed drink? recipe? do you have a picture of it?

(and anyone with good pics of a Carnival Miami Vice please post. I live in Florida and no place makes these like Carnival, they usually are all run together, Carnival makes them perfect)

Thanks in advance....:) Yum

Hi...

Sept 3 is fast approaching and I am starting to get excited

For me the cruise really begins when I get my first "Miami Vice"

Carnival does them so well...1/2 Pina Colada, 1/2 Strawberry Daq

with the cherry/Pineapple and little umbrella...yum

what is your fav Carnival mixed drink? recipe? do you have a picture of it?

(and anyone with good pics of a Carnival Miami Vice please post. I live in Florida and no place makes these like Carnival, they usually are all run together, Carnival makes them perfect)

Thanks in advance....:) Yum

.....there's only one thing I drink on the cruise. That's right, a Long Island Iced Tea!

And I usually ask the bartender to make it a double. That's only because I get home-sick. :rolleyes:

wasiii

We had our first cruise on a Carnival Ship sailing on the Conquest 8/2-8/9. I was surprised that probably half the drinks were really, really strong. I mean, no one wants a watered down bar drink but sometimes I felt like I was drinking straight alcohol! :eek:

That said, my favorite DOD from our trip was the Goombay Smash....Very tasty! The recipe is:

We ended up buying the cocktail recipe book and it has over 100 recipies! That should keep me occupied for a little while!

A lot of people like the Funship special but I don't like to drink on the first day. I see Ultimate Suntan, Yellow Bird and Goombay Smash throughout the week. Which one tastes best without tasting like coconut?

The ultimate Suntan was very strong IMO. Yellow Bird was pretty good, but Goombay Smash was my fave of the DOD's

What's a BBC?

Bailey's Banana Colada

Oh wow...this is getting interesting <grin>

what is a Kiss on the Lips??

that BBC looks tasty

does anyone have a good picture of a perfect Miami Vice?

I also heard of a drink that is Pina Colada, Strawberry Daq and Mango Daq

that would be...interesting :)

Thanks

half oz of peach schapps, four to six oz of mango mix and 1 tbsp of grenadine syrup. You would then blend the mango mix with crushed ice with the schnapps. You would place the grenadine syrup at the bottom of the glass and then pour the schnapps and

mango mix into a cocktail glass. You now have a kiss on the lips drink ready.

I copied this from another site. When I make mine I use 2 shots of peach schnapps and 4 shots of mango mix. It tastes just like on the ships. I've tried a couple different mango mixes, I believe Rose's comes closest, Finest Call is too thick. I also use Rose's grenadine for the same reason.

half oz of peach schapps, four to six oz of mango mix and 1 tbsp of grenadine syrup. You would then blend the mango mix with crushed ice with the schnapps. You would place the grenadine syrup at the bottom of the glass and then pour the schnapps and

I copied this from another site. When I make mine I use 2 shots of peach schnapps and 4 shots of mango mix. It tastes just like on the ships. I've tried a couple different mango mixes, I believe Rose's comes closest, Finest Call is too thick. I also use Rose's grenadine for the same reason.

Thanks!

I like coffee...and I like bananas...but I've never had them together. I think I'd like it though!

I thought that too but I dumped the one I got on our last cruise. It just didn't taste right but it may have been the bartender that made it. I just know that it was nasty enough I wasn't willing to waste money to try it again :(

My favorite drinks on the ship are a BBC (Baileys, banana coolada), Cozumel (Host Mach did you ever find the recipe for this one??), Kiss on the Lips and a Miami Vice. All very yummy!! I've duplicated all of them at home except the Cozumel since I can't find the recipe. :confused:

I went all over town looking for the frozen mango mix I saw on one of the recipes. I had no luck so I too ended up buying Rose's Mango and it was good. I tried something from the Mix Master line that was mango but it wasn't as good. I love this drink!

• 1 month later...

Archived