Back to Back Customs Question

ManyMore

We are doing a B2B in September and I know you can bring back one carton of cigarettes, booze blah blah per cruise. What happens when you do a B2B? Are you allowed to walk off the second leg with double the amount as long as syou claimed it with customs after the first leg?

We are doing a B2B in September and I know you can bring back one carton of cigarettes, booze blah blah per cruise. What happens when you do a B2B? Are you allowed to walk off the second leg with double the amount as long as syou claimed it with customs after the first leg?

No, exemptions are not on a per entry basis. Your personal exemptions from customs are valid once every 30 days and can not be accumulated.

Mike

ok I understand. I don't understand how it could possibly be once per 30 days though. I did 2 cruises in a month but not back to back and brough the standard allowed amount back each cruise. How would they know I cruised two weeks before when I am getting off?

If you have never done a B2B you might not be aware that anything you buy in the duty free shop onboard during the first leg will be delivered to you cabin the last night of that cruise, and you can partake of it during the second leg...EM

• 3 weeks later...

It is true Cruisinwithinlaws. Just got back last month from a btb and that is what we did. Just get your friends order for the second part and you will all have fun. I figure it can't be called smuggling booze on when they bring it to you...LOL I also bought 4 bottles of booze to take home on the last leg and nothing was said at customs about it. Have a wonderful cruise.

It's all in the chances people like to take when they deal with customs and bringing stuff back. But, if you happen to have your car at the port, there is nothing really stopping you from taking your legal amount of stuff off after the first week, and putting it in the car. Then after the second week, you again take your supposed legal amount off and away you go. They only tell you to present yourself to customs to deal with your overages, but since you only have the legal amount in your possession, you should be fine. Unless of course there is an eagle eyed custom agent who recognizes you from the prior week and notices you had a couple bottles each time.

Archived