All Things "Jewel of the Seas"

When is your Jewel cruise? We are in 9078, on the other side of the ship for our next four Jewel cruises (1.TA; 2. October, 2009 repostioning; 3. Three night Bahamas cruise and 4. October, 2010 repositioning). I guess that is pretty good evidence that we like the location.:D

Hi Bill,

I don't know if you remember me but we met at D'Ann's for brunch before the TA last year. Do you have any pictures of the balcony and cabin #9078? Kathy and I are going to be in that cabin in October of 2010 for a Canada/New England cruise. We have been so many places that we decided it was time to do this cruise. I love sailing in and out of Boston, very convenient. We leave two weeks from tomorrow on the Ultimate Alaska cruise on the Radiance and have cabin #9578. We were originally in an E2 cabin on deck eight but when the senior rate opened up we moved and got a refund since the D1 with the senoir rate was cheaper.

Cyndi

It has been some years since I have sailed Royal Caribbean. I have been sailing on Holland America and Carnival lately (yea, I know these two cruise lines are very different from each other).

I just booked a February 2010 "Jewel of the Seas" cruise. So I thought I would ask what previous passengers of the "Jewel of the Seas" liked, disliked or had as tips when sailing on the "Jewel of the Seas".

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Art

It is a FAB ship - our favorite so far. Make sure to try the coffee bar Lattetudes - great coffee. They gym is also excellent.

Can't wait to cruise on her again in March.

I was reading the thread "What is a Hump Cabin" and it made me look again at the available cabins on the Jewel of the Seas for my cruise.

I knew about the benefits of the aft balcony cabins but had forgot about the hump cabins.

I had already reserved a deck 8 balcony cabin when this "Hump" thread made me check the availability of hump cabins. When I saw 9576 available on the Jewel of the Seas I jumped at reserving it.

I have not had a hump balcony cabin before so this will be a new experience.

9576 is our favorite cabin...if RALA writes in - a favorite there also. We have it booked again for March 2010. It is the BEST - very quiet and great location. Balcony is oversized with a great overhang that allows you to be out there in any weather.

This definitely makes me happy, happy, happy. We are on the Jewel next May for a Scandinavia/Russia cruise and we can't wait to get going. Your comment certainly help with our decision.:)

just booked a may cruise on the jewel...what date are you sailing?

we got the best hump cabin, same one we had for our panama canal cruise. what a beautiful ship, and we just had a price drop, too!

Great ship, great crew.

One thing about the Jewel - unless it has changed recently, at the pool its all the towels you want, all the time.

First few days, thought this was great. However, the problem was that the thoughtless CHAIR HOGS were worse than ever - since they didn't need to account for towels, they just left them on the chairs, and , of course, it took hours for anyone to remove them and open up the chairs.

Any chair hogs reading this- please adjust your behavior!

What do you want to know?

LisaH,

I was wondering about how many chairs, lounges and/or tables there were on the balcony of 9576?

Was the cabin (which is across from the library) quiet?

Is the cabin in good shape (bed, decor, ...)?

Thanks

LisaH,

I was wondering about how many chairs, lounges and/or tables there were on the balcony of 9576?

Was the cabin (which is across from the library) quiet?

Is the cabin in good shape (bed, decor, ...)?

Thanks

I will send some pics if you send me your email address. i am lisa.hudson@hp.com. There were two regular chairs on the balcony and one lounger. It is the quietest cabin we have ever had on any ship. And even tho you are close to the atrium, once the cabin door shuts you hear nothing.

I had start this thread thread to get JOS info for my upcoming cruise.

But I think it needs to a resource for all. Please feel free to ask your own questions or provide your experience about the food, activities, cabins, bars, etc. on the JOS so everyone can benefit from your questions and answers.

Thank you

Take the "outside" elevator all the way up to deck 14 to see the "flamingos"...too cute! There is outside dining all the way to the back of the Windjammer buffet. Do NOT miss seeing the self-leveling pool tables! I have forgotten what the area they are in is called, but head toward the aft from the Schnoor Bar and they will be toward your left after the bar. If Rusty is still at the Champagne Bar, he is a superior bartender and quite the gentleman.

Hi, My husband and I have only been on Carnival (going on their Dream's Maiden Voyage to the Grand Mediterranean this Sept. 21), but we've wanted to try RCI. Are there real "flamingos" or fake? That's too funny. We live in Florida and still have not seen Flamingos!!! Have you ever sailed on Carnival? How would you compare the two ships?

Phyllis & Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of small questions about the Jewel... Does anyone remember if there is an electrical outlet in the washroom where I could plug in a small nightlight? Are the balconies on deck 7 glass? Have they put alarm clocks in these rooms?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

A couple of small questions about the Jewel... Does anyone remember if there is an electrical outlet in the washroom where I could plug in a small nightlight? Are the balconies on deck 7 glass? Have they put alarm clocks in these rooms?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Only electrical outlet in the bathroom is one "For Shavers only"

All balcony railings are glass.

No alarm clocks in any room, you can place automated wake up calls over the phone

9576 Is a good location. We had several days on our TA where the salt/sea spray was overbearing and we stayed away from the balcony. The cabin was just around the corner from the library. We discovered that it was 'faster' lol to get there by starting down the port side and taking a quick right and walking right into the cabin. You'll see what I mean. Just an FYI, we were very disappointed in the SeaView. Onion rings weren't real onions. Fish & chips only had 1 small fish portion; I would have order double if I had known. The 'wonderful' brownie with chips and walnuts tasted like day old dry cake withOUT chips or walnuts. Looks like we don't want to use SeaView anymore. It used to be so much better. Enjoy the Jewel. We had Joff & Steve for CD and activities manager...they were EXCELLENT !!!

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

We just got off the TA on the Jewel, we had a small night light we plugged into the desk plug and it worked very well.

The crew is the happiest we have had and the whole ship was great!!! Enjoy your cruise on a wonderful ship.:)

We returned earlier this month from the Scandinavia/Russia cruise on the Jewel. It was wonderful. The Jewel is a beautiful ship. We liked the outside seating area in the Windjammer and Seaview Cafe. We did My Time Dining and found our dining experience in Tides very good, with excellent waiters (particularly Edwin and Jay). Enjoyed playing the mini golf, table tennis and relaxing in the swimming pool. Also nice to go for an early morning walk on top deck. The gym also had good facilities. The shows given by the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers in the Coral Theatre were very professional. The itinerary was wonderful. Be sure to be on deck when going through the archipelago to Stockholm, the scenery is beautiful. We booked our St. Petersburg tours through RCI, but at all the other ports we just did are own thing. We like to walk and we had easy access to the centre of town at all the ports. The open top buses were also available at the ports of Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Oslo and Helsinki. Would certainly recommend the Jewel and the Scandinavia/Russia itinerary. Have a lovely cruise.

Has anyone stayed in 8500? Would love to know if it is the same as the 360 view or the layout sketch on the website. They are actually quite different in terms of the amount of storage space shown. There are 5 of us so storage is a definite issue!

I was reading the thread "What is a Hump Cabin" and it made me look again at the available cabins on the Jewel of the Seas for my cruise.

I knew about the benefits of the aft balcony cabins but had forgot about the hump cabins.

I had already reserved a deck 8 balcony cabin when this "Hump" thread made me check the availability of hump cabins. When I saw 9576 available on the Jewel of the Seas I jumped at reserving it.

I'm just catching up on this thread so bear with me, but my parents were in 9576 last week and they LOVED it! We were in 9092 and the balcony was enormous!!! You can't go wrong with Jewel - she's gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to be on the Jewel of the Seas 2/12/10 for 10 days. Anyone familiar the the AFT cabins 8168 or 8170?

Does anyone know what is between 8170 and 8172. It shows a space on the deck plan and was wondering what was between the two. Also, on 8168 is the balcony wall open or closed on the port side? Thank you for your reply.

My sister and I just sailed on the Jewel this past April to the Panama Canal. She's a beautiful ship with lots of glass and seemed to be in great condition. The only thing I didn't like is the bird and cricket sound effects that were played continuously in the Solarium! Kinda got on my nerves after a while. That said, if that's the most I can say against the Jewel, I'd say you are in for a great cruise!

The staff was great...our head waiter and assistant waiter were wonderful and funny. We didn't see too much of our cabin steward because the cabins he had to take care were spread throughout the ship, but he took excellent care of the us. Enjoy your cruise!

I agree 100% about the crickets and bird sounds in the Solarium. I also agree that it is a FANTASTIC ship! It is our favorite so far of all our cruises.

This is our favorite cabin of any cruise overall. Great location, oversized covered balcony and very quiet. We booked it again for 2010.

Archived