Going on a Disney Cruise in February...any opinions?

ilovewdw

HI, all! I just booked our very first Disney Cruise this morning! We are going on the 4 Night Cruise on the Wonder for President's week. We leave Sunday February 14th! What a way to spend Valentine's Day!!!

I have been to the Bahamas before in January. While it was nice during the day, it was a tad chilly at night. We needed sweaters. Has anyone cruised in February? How is the weather? How are the seas...rocky or calm?

I booked Early seating since I have two young kids...7 and 4. (DS will be 8 when we travel) Will we have trouble getting back on the ship in time if we are out during the day?

I have heard many people talk about Dining Rotation...how do I find out what mine is? What are the restaurants on Wonder and what is your favorite and why?

What about soda...I am a Diet Coke girl. I don't drink Coffee, but I need my Diet Coke! Can I get it on the Cruise? All day, or just with meals?

That's all the questions I have for now. I am sure I will have many more!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some opinions.

Kim :)

HI, all! I just booked our very first Disney Cruise this morning! We are going on the 4 Night Cruise on the Wonder for President's week. We leave Sunday February 14th! What a way to spend Valentine's Day!!!

I have been to the Bahamas before in January. While it was nice during the day, it was a tad chilly at night. We needed sweaters. Has anyone cruised in February? How is the weather? How are the seas...rocky or calm? We have sailed in early February and the weather was similar to our January sailings.

I booked Early seating since I have two young kids...7 and 4. (DS will be 8 when we travel) Will we have trouble getting back on the ship in time if we are out during the day? Are you booking excursions? Usually there is a choice of times - morning or afternoon. If not doing DCL excursions, there are plenty of taxis, but a lot of them are van style and wait for the van to fill up before leaving so keep that in mind. Just head back to the ship mid to late afternoon and you will be fine - early seating is at 5:45.

I have heard many people talk about Dining Rotation...how do I find out what mine is? What are the restaurants on Wonder and what is your favorite and why? Unfortunately you won't find out your dining rotation until you check in at the port. There are 3 main sit down restaurants on the Wonder - Triton's, Animators Palette and Parrot Cay. You will dine in the same restaurant on nights 2 & 3 - for example on our last 4 night our rotation was PTTA. Night 3 is pirate night and all the restaurants serve the same pirate night menu. I believe night 2 was dress up night and nights 1 & 4 were cruise casual.

What about soda...I am a Diet Coke girl. I don't drink Coffee, but I need my Diet Coke! Can I get it on the Cruise? All day, or just with meals? Don't worry - there is a free 24 hour drink station located on deck 9 near by the Mickey pool where there is both Diet Coke and Caffeine Free Diet Coke.

That's all the questions I have for now. I am sure I will have many more!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some opinions.

Kim :)

Hope this helps!

Archived