booking shore excursions...frustrated!!

erin1998

Good morning everyone...:)

We are sailing on the Victory in November and have been checking out Carnival's shore excursions (almost daily). Carnival seems to offer several wonderful excursions on their main excursion page but they aren't offered for my specific sailing. In fact, there are very few excursions available for my sailing (Currently, Carnival only offers about 6 or 7 exursions in St.Lucia (mostly canopy tours and golf), only 5 or 6 excursions in St.Kitts, etc) We are paid in full....so why aren't there many tours to pick from? :confused: Does Carnival add tours closer to the sail date...I am too far away?

We check our available tours almost daily, hoping more would be added but there never is. I am sure they can't be sold out, since I've never seen them offered at all. This is our first Carnival cruise, so I am not sure exactly how they post their excursions....any help!!!!

Thanks

Erin

We had the same issue - then about 1 month before, many more excursions became available on line. We prefer to book before-hand to make sure we are not closed out once on the ship. We also like the idea that they are pre-paid before we sail - less on our s and s card. Sometimes Carnival is still negotiating contracts with some of the vendors. Be patient, or look to book directly with the vendor. May save you some bucks. We almost always use Carnival for "peace of mind."

We had the same issue last year. The excursion we were looking at wasn't listed after we logged onto our booking page. Called our PVP and he said that the excursion was already sold out for our sailing. You could call CCL and see if that is the case with yours.

My wife and I are sailing in October and we are still waiting for our excursion for St. Kitts. We have the other two booked already for St. Lucia and St. Maarten. On our last cruise we got excursions booked for four islands but were waiting until probably about 45 days before the last one became available. So don't worry they still might show up before you sail. If not just book them when you get to the ship on your TV. That might be what we have to do it our last one isn't put up before we sail. Best of luck on your cruise.

Thank you for all your replies...:D

I'll keep waiting and hoping the excursions we want will become available to us. If not, we may have to look into booking privately.

Thanks again...happy travelling to all!

Erin

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for all your replies...:D

I'll keep waiting and hoping the excursions we want will become available to us. If not, we may have to look into booking privately.

Thanks again...happy travelling to all!

Erin

On our July Carnival Victory cruise, we booked all of our excursions privately.

Not only did this saved us $$'s, but we were able to do and see things that were not offered through Carnival.

This is an outline of the excursions we did:

St. Thomas--Sightseeing and Beach stop with Airforce 1 Papa Bear

Dominica--Emerald Pool and River Tubing with Antours

Barbados--Harrisons Cave, East Coast and Accra/Rockley Beach with Scenic Barbados Tours

St. Lucia--West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer Ambrose

Antigua--Best of Paradise Island Tour with Gordan

St. Kitts--Zipline Safari with St. Kitts Tour Store

You can read more details about each excursion as well as see photo's by clicking the link to our review found in our signature.

Good luck with all your planning!

cz

Archived