Corkscrew?

KatSt

I've never brought any alcohol onboard and am thinking about doing so on my upcoming Spirit cruise.

I know you can carry the wine in your carry on bag, but can you bring a corkscrew or will it be confiscated at security?

Thanks.

I've never brought any alcohol onboard and am thinking about doing so on my upcoming Spirit cruise.

I know you can carry the wine in your carry on bag, but can you bring a corkscrew or will it be confiscated at security?

Thanks.

I took a corkscrew in my carryon when I boarded the Fantasy last week.

I carry a little cork screw provide to me by Carnival on my first cruise. I drop it in a pocket of my carry on. Never had a problem with security about it.

I took a corkscrew in my carryon when I boarded the Fantasy last week.

As long as you are not flying in your carry on should be fine;)

Or bring wine that is screwcap. MD 20/20 or Boones' Farm. ;)

Actually, there are some very decent "screwcap" wines out there. Don't let the absence of a cork mess with your mind.

And I have brought a corkscrew onboard - but only in checked bags because I wasn't sure what port security would do.

Thanks.

I have brought a corkscrew in my carry on every time, never had a problem.

I had flown w/carry on bags, very many times w/a corkscrew that never drew attention. I didn't even know I had it on my carry on, because it had gotten buried, deep, in a side pocket. Daytona TSA put my bag through the xray and "found it" (this is after ManyOtherTSA "checks" missed it) - so, the TSA "inspector", did inspect the bag and told the xray girl "nothing in here" - so, she scanned it again and again, said "there's a corkscrew" - the poor inspector rechecks the bag and can't find it - I'm standing there swearing up and down that I did not have a corkscrew! (it was one I had gotten from RCCL, 1st cruise). Again, the xray - this time, the inspector was 'shown' WHERE to find it, and find it, he did! I am, today, corkscrew-less ... phooey!

We've forgotten a corkscrew twice in our cruise history. Both times our room stewart gave us one. This year on Victory my DH had great difficulty removing the cork. Again asked the room stewart and helper. It took all three of them using a corkscrew to get it out. Very funny to watch. It was Carnival staff going above and beyond to help their guests.

When we do remember to bring one we just leave it in our checked luggage.

Mrsosci

Or bring wine that is screwcap. MD 20/20 or Boones' Farm. ;)

Actually, there are some very decent "screwcap" wines out there. Don't let the absence of a cork mess with your mind.

And I have brought a corkscrew onboard - but only in checked bags because I wasn't sure what port security would do.

And it you're sailing out of florida ports you can get highly rated Kim Crawford New Zealand wines with screw tops for under $15 in the local Publix Markets (seen them as low as $9 in recent months). If you are bring corked wine, put the corkscrew in your checked bags just to be safe.

Archived